Win 10 for 1520

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Next build will probably be the middle of next month. If there's any news about which new handsets will be supported, WindowsCentral will inform the world...

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I used the XDA hack on my Indian L1520 and it works perfectly fine. :)

Might want to use the XDA hack at the potential risk of bricking the phone to get Win10TP on the 1520...

Really wouldn't advise any one to install it via the hack on a unsupported device... people have bricked their phone rolling back. Then started venting how it bricked their device......:grincry:

Not to mention, IT. IS. BUGGY

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: The "Chinese Hack."

I'm very hesitant to connect my device to a Chinese Proxy site for any reason, let alone for the purpose of altering Certs.

How nuts are people?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: The "Chinese Hack."

I'm very hesitant to connect my device to a Chinese Proxy site for any reason, let alone for the purpose of altering Certs.

How nuts are people?

My thoughts exactly! I mean, there isn't anything groundbreaking (yet) that has even made any sense as to why anyone would do this and run the risk of even TRYING this hack.

On the other hand, I guess it's a good thing in one sense, makes me feel like back in the Android days when the thrill of running a ROM on an "unsupported" device gave you a thrill. :D Makes people talk, keeps things in the news and relevant. I mean, there hasn't been this much buzz in a while for Microsoft.

Unless you have a spare device to try this on, are pretty good with this kind of thing or willing to risk it all and blame yourself ONLY, my suggestion would be to wait.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...Unless you have a spare device to try this on, are pretty good with this kind of thing or willing to risk it all and blame yourself ONLY, my suggestion would be to wait...

A spare device you have wiped clean and won't seriously use after the hack... This screen cap says a lot.

Capture.JPG

But at the very least they have your IMEI and you can be cloned at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo