Win 10 for 1520

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: The "Chinese Hack."

I'm very hesitant to connect my device to a Chinese Proxy site for any reason, let alone for the purpose of altering Certs.

How nuts are people?

Very nuts. You simply can't trust where these hacks are coming from, namely China. You don't know the people doing the hacks nor their intentions.

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Really wouldn't advise any one to install it via the hack on a unsupported device... people have bricked their phone rolling back. Then started venting how it bricked their device......:grincry:

Not to mention, IT. IS. BUGGY

Didn't the article Daniel write the other day mention that it was happening to supported and unsupported devices...

And I did mine just because I wanted interactive notifications. But it is buggy and missing features - nobody mentioned the music finder/listener thingy (whatever its called) was missing from Cortana.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Didn't the article Daniel write the other day mention that it was happening to supported and unsupported devices...

And I did mine just because I wanted interactive notifications. But it is buggy and missing features - nobody mentioned the music finder/listener thingy (whatever its called) was missing from Cortana.

Yes, Daniel did however unfortunately it has become apparent some users either need to work on their reading comprehension or retaining their curiosity :winktongue::grincry: (to put it politely)

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, Daniel did however unfortunately it has become apparent some users either need to work on their reading comprehension or retaining their curiosity :winktongue::grincry: (to put it politely)

As for people retaining their curiosity: People have been warned. Let them do what they want to do with the devices THEY paid for. However, if you do find it necessary to give advice to people, you should at least give them the whole of the situation.

And to help out whoever you mentioned that may need to work on their reading comprehension here is a snippet from the article:

"Besides the risk of 'bricking' your phone (and yes, people have bricked their phones doing this), it is not clear what happens during the next update. The supposed Windows 10 restore option (which you can find here) is not working for everyone, even on legitimate devices. So caution here abounds."

And the link to the article is here.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As for people retaining their curiosity: People have been warned. Let them do what they want to do with the devices THEY paid for. However, if you do find it necessary to give advice to people, you should at least give them the whole of the situation.

And to help out whoever you mentioned that may need to work on their reading comprehension here is a snippet from the article:

"Besides the risk of 'bricking' your phone (and yes, people have bricked their phones doing this), it is not clear what happens during the next update. The supposed Windows 10 restore option (which you can find here) is not working for everyone, even on legitimate devices. So caution here abounds."

And the link to the article is here.

Yes, I am aware people have been warned but you cannot stop people from doing what they want as it is their device (without physically preventing them from doing so). I have no issues with that.

What I find comical is people who have been venting that they bricked their devices and will be switching platforms just because the preview is not what they thought it would be. In the process possibly spreading misinformation amongst their social circle(s) thus deterring potential users who may have been / or are considering trying out Windows 10 for phones at release.

As the saying goes, the most effective form of marketing is the word of mouth and in this age of connected social media. The effectiveness of such form has grown incalculably.

jharr100

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I am aware people have been warned but you cannot stop people from doing what they want as it is their device (without physically preventing them from doing so). I have no issues with that.

What I find comical is people who have been venting that they bricked their devices and will be switching platforms just because the preview is not what they thought it would be. In the process possibly spreading misinformation amongst their social circle(s) thus deterring potential users who may have been / or are considering trying out Windows 10 for phones at release.

As the saying goes, the most effective form of marketing is the word of mouth and in this age of connected social media. The effectiveness of such form has grown incalculably.

Agreed. Unfortunately there is little that can be done about that.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Just follow the instructions correctly,quit your bit him,and install win10 and run with it..if you want win10....nothing special about it...it denim that is the special gem here

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Do the Chinese hack that is posted on one of the XDA forums....and before you do it,backup phone ,and do a clean install with the Lumia restore tool..then it should have enough space on the partition for os

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99