• 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
02-18-2015 10:12 PM
34 12
tools
    Hi guys
    when win 10 ill b available for lumia 1520
    Last edited by zahir hussain2; 02-16-2015 at 03:46 AM.
    02-16-2015 02:51 AM
    Hi guys
    when win 10 available for lumia 1520
    When it is available.
    Harrie-S likes this.
    02-16-2015 02:57 AM
    same questin im asking When .......
    02-16-2015 03:46 AM
    same questin im asking when ill b its available .......
    No that was no question but the answer.
    huungryshark likes this.
    02-16-2015 03:48 AM
    sry printng mistake :p
    02-16-2015 04:01 AM
    sry printng mistake :p
    Or in other words we do not know only Microsoft knows and we are not Microsoft.
    grantpwarren and TechFreak1 like this.
    02-16-2015 05:43 AM
    My guess is some time in March, as they said phones should be getting once a month updates.
    zahir hussain2 and Pete like this.
    02-16-2015 05:56 AM
    Next build will probably be the middle of next month. If there's any news about which new handsets will be supported, WindowsCentral will inform the world...
    aximtreo and zahir hussain2 like this.
    02-16-2015 05:56 AM
    Denim first before win10
    02-16-2015 06:01 AM
    02-16-2015 06:03 AM
    This is surprising as we be seen Joe playing with a Lumia 1520 on the event lol
    02-16-2015 06:14 AM
    This is surprising as we be seen Joe playing with a Lumia 1520 on the event lol
    That is only a surprise if you did not read the article in WC.

http://m.windowscentral.com/why-high...ows-10-preview

So if you like surprises that you should indeed NOT read articles in WC.
    02-16-2015 06:34 AM
    Might want to use the XDA hack at the potential risk of bricking the phone to get Win10TP on the 1520...
    zahir hussain2 likes this.
    02-16-2015 04:58 PM
    Might want to use the XDA hack at the potential risk of bricking the phone to get Win10TP on the 1520...
    I used the XDA hack on my Indian L1520 and it works perfectly fine. :)
    zahir hussain2 likes this.
    02-16-2015 11:48 PM
    Really wouldn't advise any one to install it via the hack on a unsupported device... people have bricked their phone rolling back. Then started venting how it bricked their device......

Not to mention, IT. IS. BUGGY
    02-17-2015 07:22 AM
    Re: The "Chinese Hack."

I'm very hesitant to connect my device to a Chinese Proxy site for any reason, let alone for the purpose of altering Certs.

How nuts are people?
    Jazmac and zahir hussain2 like this.
    02-17-2015 08:45 AM

I'm very hesitant to connect my device to a Chinese Proxy site for any reason, let alone for the purpose of altering Certs.

How nuts are people?
    My thoughts exactly! I mean, there isn't anything groundbreaking (yet) that has even made any sense as to why anyone would do this and run the risk of even TRYING this hack.

On the other hand, I guess it's a good thing in one sense, makes me feel like back in the Android days when the thrill of running a ROM on an "unsupported" device gave you a thrill. :D Makes people talk, keeps things in the news and relevant. I mean, there hasn't been this much buzz in a while for Microsoft.

Unless you have a spare device to try this on, are pretty good with this kind of thing or willing to risk it all and blame yourself ONLY, my suggestion would be to wait.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-17-2015 08:50 AM
    Did this on my 1520.3 working great! :) love the little dot on the keyboard and being able to reply to toasts and notifications without leaving the screen you're currently in
    jharr100 likes this.
    02-17-2015 08:54 AM
    ...Unless you have a spare device to try this on, are pretty good with this kind of thing or willing to risk it all and blame yourself ONLY, my suggestion would be to wait...
    A spare device you have wiped clean and won't seriously use after the hack... This screen cap says a lot.

capture.jpg

But at the very least they have your IMEI and you can be cloned at any time.
    sinime, Jazmac and Talderon like this.
    02-17-2015 09:00 AM
    A spare device you have wiped clean and won't seriously use after the hack... This screen cap says a lot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	97457

But at the very least they have your IMEI and you can be cloned at any time.
    Oooooooohhh... I get all warm and fuzzy inside when I see things like that...
    RumoredNow and sinime like this.
    02-17-2015 09:43 AM

How nuts are people?
    Very nuts. You simply can't trust where these hacks are coming from, namely China. You don't know the people doing the hacks nor their intentions.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    02-17-2015 10:00 AM
    Really wouldn't advise any one to install it via the hack on a unsupported device... people have bricked their phone rolling back. Then started venting how it bricked their device......

Not to mention, IT. IS. BUGGY

Didn't the article Daniel write the other day mention that it was happening to supported and unsupported devices...

And I did mine just because I wanted interactive notifications. But it is buggy and missing features - nobody mentioned the music finder/listener thingy (whatever its called) was missing from Cortana.
    02-17-2015 10:18 AM
    Didn't the article Daniel write the other day mention that it was happening to supported and unsupported devices...

And I did mine just because I wanted interactive notifications. But it is buggy and missing features - nobody mentioned the music finder/listener thingy (whatever its called) was missing from Cortana.
    Yes, Daniel did however unfortunately it has become apparent some users either need to work on their reading comprehension or retaining their curiosity (to put it politely)
    Jazmac likes this.
    02-17-2015 10:42 AM
    Yes, Daniel did however unfortunately it has become apparent some users either need to work on their reading comprehension or retaining their curiosity (to put it politely)
    As for people retaining their curiosity: People have been warned. Let them do what they want to do with the devices THEY paid for. However, if you do find it necessary to give advice to people, you should at least give them the whole of the situation.

And to help out whoever you mentioned that may need to work on their reading comprehension here is a snippet from the article:

"Besides the risk of 'bricking' your phone (and yes, people have bricked their phones doing this), it is not clear what happens during the next update. The supposed Windows 10 restore option (which you can find here) is not working for everyone, even on legitimate devices. So caution here abounds."

And the link to the article is here.
    02-17-2015 11:02 AM
    As for people retaining their curiosity: People have been warned. Let them do what they want to do with the devices THEY paid for. However, if you do find it necessary to give advice to people, you should at least give them the whole of the situation.

And to help out whoever you mentioned that may need to work on their reading comprehension here is a snippet from the article:

"Besides the risk of 'bricking' your phone (and yes, people have bricked their phones doing this), it is not clear what happens during the next update. The supposed Windows 10 restore option (which you can find here) is not working for everyone, even on legitimate devices. So caution here abounds."

And the link to the article is here.
    Yes, I am aware people have been warned but you cannot stop people from doing what they want as it is their device (without physically preventing them from doing so). I have no issues with that.

What I find comical is people who have been venting that they bricked their devices and will be switching platforms just because the preview is not what they thought it would be. In the process possibly spreading misinformation amongst their social circle(s) thus deterring potential users who may have been / or are considering trying out Windows 10 for phones at release.

As the saying goes, the most effective form of marketing is the word of mouth and in this age of connected social media. The effectiveness of such form has grown incalculably.
    RumoredNow and zahir hussain2 like this.
    02-17-2015 11:12 AM
34 12