Back from Android!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Not only is it a resource hog, but it's well worth getting rid of. Why do you think the Galaxy 6S is not going to have it anymore? :D

AFAIK the GS6 will have a version of TouchWiz but it will be much lighter on resources than previous versions.

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Is that the stock ROM with TouchWiz or a custom ROM with a different launcher?

Stock. Haven't messed with any Launchers. Was thinking 'bout trying a WP 8.1 one, but there's no point if Tiles aren't alive. I have Picturesque as my Lockscreen and only one "Home" screen with 1Weather widget. I close all my apps and clear my RAM at least once a day.

What Launcher would you recommend? Would any make my phone more efficient?

Dexter505

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I only used the lumia 925 and lumia 521 and I find windows phone to be considerably slower than when I am using Android. The apps seem to resume a lot but on the Android it is near instant. The lumia 925 has good specs.

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
For a while, until the 635, I wasn't interested in any Windows phones. So does that mean I have no right to be here either? I've got a Note 3, iPhone 6, and BlackBerry Z10, does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to post? How do you know if a person is simply not just waiting for a device they like?

After all I did end up getting the 635, right?

@Septembersrain, i think you had interest in WP even though you didn't own one (initial stages) and was interested in knowing whats happening the WP World.... Am i right? Lauren statement was "there was nothing on WP that was interesting to me" so i was curious to know if nothing is interesting then what is he doing in WP Forum, was that wrong if i want to understand his intentions?

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Not entirely sure why you're taking my text out of context. I was referring to handsets. I did not say in any way that the OS was not interesting and I still own my L920. Not that I need that as a prerequisite to post on this forum or have friends here.

I was not prepared to just get a phone for the heck of it. I didn't want a low or mid range phone and I'm not one to switch every other month or 6 months or even every year as I buy unlocked flagships. The only reason I went to Android is due to my L920 not being able to keep up with me and what I wanted out of it. I also believe it's good to know what is on other platforms and since I didn't have much experience with Android I thought the experience would be interesting and it is.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

@N_LaRUE.... if it was L920 you are accusing then i would have left you alone but your comment was that WP has nothing and nothing to do with L920

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
@N_LaRUE.... if it was L920 you are accusing then i would have left you alone but your comment was that WP has nothing and nothing to do with L920

My original post -

I was referring to my L920, which dies rather quickly. The 1520 is not a phone I want or wanted which is why I had to switch because there was nothing on WP that was interesting to me. I would be very surprised if the 6" 1520 with huge battery couldn't last long. I couldn't even get the M8 as it never got released in the EU. The L930 was not that attractive either.

I can see how it might be misunderstood but there is nothing in there that indicates I was referring to the OS. I was talking about handsets the whole time. Which is why I switched.

You'll note that the sentence started with my L920....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site

It would appear to me you were going out your way to find something wrong and you found it.

Also, my other statement for sticking around this forum still stands. Regardless which handset or OS I use.

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
It would appear to me you were going out your way to find something wrong and you found it.

Also, my other statement for sticking around this forum still stands. Regardless which handset or OS I use.

@N_LaRUE, my intention was not to find fault in your statement but was just curious to know on why, that' s all.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
@N_LaRUE, my intention was not to find fault in your statement but was just curious to know on why, that' s all.

Your post - Which has garnered likes and thanks I might add.

if there is nothing on WP interesting you, why are you still in WP forums?

In no way does that imply that you were asking me anything other than why I was sticking around on the forum.

You have not indicated yet that you were at fault in your understanding either. As I indicated, there was nothing about OS but about handsets in my post.

For your information and for anyone else that may be wondering. My two years with WP was just fine for the most part, a couple of hiccups here and there. It was the handsets that have failed for me. I have also spent much of my own time helping others with WP, even through PM and I continue to do so to this day.

Just because I am not using WP as my daily driver does not mean I am not interested in the platform. I have been using MS products for a very long time now, MS DOS.... I have never used anything other than MS OS.

I think what MS is trying to do is very interesting and I think anyone who is at all interested in computing would be interested as well. As stated earlier in the thread, I am OS and platform agnostic. I think that it's a good idea to be in this day and age.

Last edited:

clitrenta

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
For a while, until the 635, I wasn't interested in any Windows phones. So does that mean I have no right to be here either? I've got a Note 3, iPhone 6, and BlackBerry Z10, does that mean I shouldn't be allowed to post? How do you know if a person is simply not just waiting for a device they like?

After all I did end up getting the 635, right?

You're fine by me. I've had them all as well. Each has pro's and con's and everyone is entitled to post their thoughts. I have a Note Edge at the moment but really like the WP OS a LOT. It's just that right now, there are certain apps I really like and can't get and because they are proprietary, I'm stuck unless I just choose to use the browser for those things. I do hold out hope though because certainly Microsoft has the ability to get things going. Just wish they weren't taking so darn long. Love the Lumia 1520 and Windows Phone! P.S. Heard they were doing away with the "Family Room" Ahhhhhhhh I loved that feature! WHY can't they leave well enough alone? :angry:

Former owner of L920 and 1020

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
In no way does that imply that you were asking me anything other than why I was sticking around on the forum.

@N_LaRUE, yes you are right, again, i simply wanted to know why you are sticking around and lets not skip to different topic, your statement was on L920 and also on WP, check the start of second line. am i wrong in my understanding that you were saying that there is nothing in WP which was interesting to you, and i shouldn't feel curious as to why you are still active in the forums?

"I was referring to my L920, which dies rather quickly. The 1520 is not a phone I want or wanted which is why I had to switch because there was nothing on WP that was interesting to me. I would be very surprised if the 6" 1520 with huge battery couldn't last long. I couldn't even get the M8 as it never got released in the EU. The L930 was not that attractive either. "

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
@N_LaRUE, yes you are right, again, i simply wanted to know why you are sticking around and lets not skip to different topic, your statement was on L920 and also on WP, check the start of second line. am i wrong in my understanding that you were saying that there is nothing in WP which was interesting to you, and i shouldn't feel curious as to why you are still active in the forums?

"I was referring to my L920, which dies rather quickly. The 1520 is not a phone I want or wanted which is why I had to switch because there was nothing on WP that was interesting to me. I would be very surprised if the 6" 1520 with huge battery couldn't last long. I couldn't even get the M8 as it never got released in the EU. The L930 was not that attractive either. "

I stick around on the forum because I know a lot of people on the forum. That's why. I am also entitled to an opinion and I like to help people. I also find WP interesting. Surprise!

Again, for the third time now. I was referring to WP handsets. Did you see me mention WP OS anywhere? The upgrade options were unattractive to me. Maybe I could have written the post better, as I have indicated, but that was my meaning from the outset.

How about this, hopefully this clarifies things?

I don't and still do not find any of the WP handsets available, currently, that compelling for me to buy. I felt the L930 was too much like the L920 with the battery and the L1520 was too big for me. I had no option to get the HTC even if I wanted it. I am not the only person to feel this way. I buy flagship phones. Why? Because I can.

Maybe had I wrote it like that you might have understood better? That's what I meant. Nothing, absolutely nothing about the OS.

That's not to say I don't feel the OS can be better in some regards but that is another discussion entirely. Which is why I said in my other post that W10 is interesting.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
i'm not here for likes and thanks, im a regular follower and don't comment on each and every thing. i wanted to get your perspective so i quoted you.

I'm not here for that either. I just pointing out your misunderstanding had attracted people. Giving an incorrect impression of me.

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I stick around on the forum because I know a lot of people on the forum. That's why. I am also entitled to an opinion and I like to help people. I also find WP interesting. Surprise!

Again, for the third time now. I was referring to WP handsets. Did you see me mention WP OS anywhere? The upgrade options were unattractive to me. Maybe I could have written the post better, as I have indicated, but that was my meaning from the outset.

How about this, hopefully this clarifies things?

I don't and still do not find any of the WP handsets available, currently, that compelling for me to buy. I felt the L930 was too much like the L920 with the battery and the L1520 was too big for me. I had no option to get the HTC even if I wanted it. I am not the only person to feel this way. I buy flagship phones. Why? Because I can.

Maybe had I wrote it like that you might have understood better? That's what I meant. Nothing, absolutely nothing about the OS.

That's not to say I don't feel the OS can be better in some regards but that is another discussion entirely. Which is why I said in my other post that W10 is interesting.

Its better to leave it here and move on, you have your opinion and i have mine... i didn't see the statement in the way you would have meant and it's neither of our problem.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Its better to leave it here and move on, you have your opinion and i have mine... i didn't see the statement in the way you would have meant and it's neither of our problem.

I don't quite get your last bit there about neither our problem. There was no problem until you created one with your misunderstanding. There was nothing wrong with my original post. Sorry if you don't get it.

I'm quite happy to move on now...

Nandakumar Kesavan

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
There was no problem until you created one with your misunderstanding.

i'm trying to leave this topic and move on but you ain't, well lets see, this is what you said ""I was referring to my L920, which dies rather quickly. The 1520 is not a phone I want or wanted which is why I had to switch because there was nothing on WP that was interesting to me" you were clear on the L920 and L1520 and you also said that "there was nothing on WP that was interesting to me", if you would have quoted as to L1520 was not interesting to you then its a different story all together, you were blunt in saying "there was nothing on WP that was interesting to me" in that sentence, here you are referring to WP as an OS and not anything to do with either L920 or L1520. that's the very same reason i was curious to know as to why you are sticking with the forum when WP was not interesting to you....

if you want to drag on to this and tell i did misunderstand, well i'm sorry to say that you weren't quite clear in what you were trying to communicate....

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... While I can't say I'm "back from Android," I am here from Android! I had the Xperia Z2, the LG G3, and before that I had a very good Note 2 that lasted me almost 2 years! W00t w00t!

I was very tired of the lag. Both devices had 3GB of RAM, and 16/32GB internal storage respectively. I can't complain about storage or specs. But what good are specs if they're backed by LAGGGGGG!!!! OH LORD!!! Don't get me wrong! I love Android! It's a fantastic OS! But even with Lollipop my LG G3 got SLOOOWWWW.... I was so happy to change to the Lumia 930. At first I missed some features, but I had to put into my mind that it's a new OS for me and it has different ways of doing things. Not better or worse. Well, some things worse and some things better. One CLEAR example is the settings menu! That thing NEVER ends and is so unorganized.... But I love the home screen and the app list.

What brought me to WP? The UI and how polished and new it is to me.

What's keeping me on WP? The experience. I LOVE Windows Phone!

I do agree, the 1520 is too big for me. And the 930 doesn't hit everything I want in a phone. But between the two, I got the 930. I will upgrade in a heartbeat if they release something in the middle. Larger battery, larger screen (slightly) and MicroSD slot!

But until then, i'd rather live with the "shortcomings" from WP and the 930 than live with Android >=O THE LAGGGGGGG!!! And the funny thing is, my Android devices both cost MORE (by 25%) than this Lumia phone. And I'm HAPPY with the Lumia and the Android devices just frustrated me!

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Coming back from a foray or Android devices, Nexus 5, Xperia Z3, Note 4, S5, HTC ONE M8...the smoothest experience out of them is none of them, the Nokia 930 on the other hand is a completely different kind of Fluid smoothness, the UI and live tiles just kill all other operating systems in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa