Back from Android!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Switching between a Nexus 6 and L1520.
Both are smooth and fluid. Lollipop has glitches but It haven't impacted me yet.
Think the Nexus is a better size while the Lumia has the better OS.
My Nexus has higher end hardware due to age. It is the highest end phone produced by Motorola.
When MS produces their next flagship; depending on hardware of course, I will most likely get that.
While I don't particularly care for huge phones they are easier on my eyes.
Also coupled with a wallet case they become more functionally inclusive.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Your post - Which has garnered likes and thanks I might add.

In no way does that imply that you were asking me anything other than why I was sticking around on the forum.

You have not indicated yet that you were at fault in your understanding either. As I indicated, there was nothing about OS but about handsets in my post.

For your information and for anyone else that may be wondering. My two years with WP was just fine for the most part, a couple of hiccups here and there. It was the handsets that have failed for me. I have also spent much of my own time helping others with WP, even through PM and I continue to do so to this day.

Just because I am not using WP as my daily driver does not mean I am not interested in the platform. I have been using MS products for a very long time now, MS DOS.... I have never used anything other than MS OS.

I think what MS is trying to do is very interesting and I think anyone who is at all interested in computing would be interested as well. As stated earlier in the thread, I am OS and platform agnostic. I think that it's a good idea to be in this day and age.

Well stated. I used WP for 3 years and thoroughly enjoyed the OS, but for some reasons of my own decided to leave. I dont think WP is a bad mobile OS but for me it was missing key things i needed. I also left since i got a good deal for my 1020 and since my HW upgrade is at end of year, if I considered WP at least 10 would be out and added hopefully most of what i was missing. However, now that ive invested in a Moto 360 ill be sticking with Android for the next few years unless something bad really happens and im forced to switch.

With that said, I still visit WPC daily because I have an interest in both WP and Android equally. I have no idea why it bothers the WP community so much, there are tons of iOS users on Android Central and everyone gets along. Here, as soon as something negative is mentioned its defenses all up...where at AC everyone openly complains honestly about Androids issues.

dzukela

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Some people just cant recognize lag even in front of their eyes. Back in the gaming days, I had a lot of friends who didint had problem playing games in average 20 fps. Personally, I couldnt play games without 60 fps.
Back to the topic, EVERY android phone lag. It is by design. There wont be lag free android phone, ever.
You can pretend that your andoid phone is lag free, but you know it isnt.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Some people just cant recognize lag even in front of their eyes. Back in the gaming days, I had a lot of friends who didint had problem playing games in average 20 fps. Personally, I couldnt play games without 60 fps.
Back to the topic, EVERY android phone lag. It is by design. There wont be lag free android phone, ever.
You can pretend that your andoid phone is lag free, but you know it isnt.

Please provide proof of your statement that all Androids have lag and that it's 'by design' otherwise your statement is a load of rubbish. Personal accounts don't mean squat.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Lag in Android is a tricky one to judge, all depends on the individual setup, ie, how many widgets and home pages you have, what launcher you are using, ie. stock Samsung Touchwiz, I always found even on the S5 had redraw issues, on returning to the home screen, weather widget, clock, calendar widgets redraw, yet with the HTC M8, redraw issues never occurred, also when using Windows phone, you get transition effects, back n forth from apps, to home screen very similar to IPhone, these can hide a multitude of so called lag. Even so I don't think lag is the correct terminology, I would say overall fluidity of the UI, and to be honest Windows definitely feels the most fluid, iOS does as well and Android can do dependant on your setup. WP is amazingly slick considering you still have customisable ability on the home screen apart from simple placement of app icons.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
While I agree with you, I had the LG G3 and I had redraws every day. I had the 32/3GB version. I am NOT a power user AT ALL, so I had 3 home screens with the first one (the home) with 1 widget (date / time).

While animations COULD have an effect on hiding it, I have to say, Android ALSO has animations. The redraw always occurred after going to the home screen, not while transitioning to the home screen. I just think that WP and iOS are better optimized than Android. Now, is that good or bad... That's up to you! For WP you don't need a powerhouse phone to have a good experience, yet with Android even with top tier phones nowadays you can find lag. Now, I had LESS lag with the Xperia Z2 than the G3... And I have 0 lag with the Lumia 930. I am really enjoying the WP experience. That doesn't mean that Android is bad or anything. It's a fantastic OS and it has a lot of powerful things going for it... But I really like WP due to its fluidity and continuity. Now I gotta find a way to exchange my 930 for a 1520! haha. I want good battery life and that warming up of the device is just nuts....

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Oh look, it's turned into another Android vs WP thread...

Wake me up when it turns into a mature conversation..... um... nvm...

dzukela

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Oh look, it's turned into another Android vs WP thread...

Wake me up when it turns into a mature conversation..... um... nvm...
What is your problem? You asked something, got the answers, and then you act like cry baby because you didnt like the the answers. Very mature indeed.

Btw, every android lag by design. Because of java code, if you really want to know why. There wont be lag free android phone.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What is your problem? You asked something, got the answers, and then you act like cry baby because you didnt like the the answers. Very mature indeed.

Btw, every android lag by design. Because of java code, if you really want to know why. There wont be lag free android phone.

I don't have a problem but obviously you do.

I just get tired of the comments dripping with vitriol when none is required. If you can't have a simple conversation about different OS's without being nasty and making claims you have no proof to back them up other than your own opinion then you're just talking crap.

As for answering my question, no you didn't. I'm not even sure what question you were answering. As a matter of fact you didn't do anything other than blather about nothing.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
On that note, all phones lag then. I've tried so many different devices and they'll all have moments. They're electronics!

You'll always be faced with certain limitations when it's technology. Humans are not perfect. Thus we create imperfect inventions.

Nothing, and I mean nothing at all, is infallible.

Very true.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This thread has run its course and started to go completely off topic. If you want to debate the merits of a phone OS or ecosystem there are other threads in other forums for that specifically.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos