$250 Lumia 1520. Anybody have previous experience with this vendor?

tpitts15

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I am searching for a decent price on a Lumia 1520.3 and after finding Newegg out of stock and Amazon listings for a new one at $700+, I have found this listing on a site I've never heard of:

http://tronicltd.tictail.com/product/nokia-lumia-15203-black-3g-4g-lte-quad-core-22ghz-unlocked-cell-phone-us-lte-bands

just curious if anybody on the forums has bought or had experiences, positive or negative with this vendor. I'm very skeptical that it is a legitimate site and not some sort of scam.

Any input is much appreciated!

dumgeek

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
When it's too good to be true, then there's a good chance it's a scam. Over seen these prices for the international model not 1520.3

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
hmmmmm - if it seems too good to be true ...

Have NO experience with this outfit, though I heard of them, once before. That price seems way low.
You'll probably find it's a Chinese knockoff.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see where it specified new or used. I've seen some "used in mint condition" listings on eBay for around $275 so it may not be new.

waywardsheep

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I got my 1520 via cell2get.
I ordered the unlocked 32gb but apparently they didn't have it/couldn't get it so they took off $45 after I received it.
Mine is 1520.2 16gb. I got a 64gb sd for it off amazon.

bhphotovideo seems to have good reviews. They have new ($519) and used ($399).

I don't know about the vendor you mentioned.
Some people on here have had good luck getting one off ebay for a decent price.

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I am searching for a decent price on a Lumia 1520.3 and after finding Newegg out of stock and Amazon listings for a new one at $700+, I have found this listing on a site I've never heard of:

Tronic Ltd. - Nokia Lumia 1520.3 Black 3G 4G LTE Quad-Core 2.2GHz Unlocked Cell Phone (US LTE Bands)

just curious if anybody on the forums has bought or had experiences, positive or negative with this vendor. I'm very skeptical that it is a legitimate site and not some sort of scam.

Any input is much appreciated!

I found this page (Tronic Ltd. - USA Wholesaler | HKTDC) that shows an address in Minnesota. Googling that address returns this link (Contact Det-Tronics) which is for a completely different company. If it were me, I'd stay away from Tronic. Seems fishy.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This has come up here before... I looked into it a few months back and it seems like a siphon to get your money overseas.

I would not trust it.

Seems the setup looks the same but now is using GoDaddy as a host and TickTail as a checkout.
IP Address Lookup (IPv4 & IPv6) - 184.168.221.96

Look at their About:

Capture.JPG

They have a signed agreement with the United States Government to bring you the lowest possible price? Really? How does that even work?

Sounds like a Scam justification to me...

Jas Holden

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought a used AT&T 1520 on ebay for $209.00. It was listed as used and in good condition.

When it came, I saw that it looks like new and runs perfectly. I got a new nano sim at the AT&T Store and have been very happy with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo