simple feature that cortana does not do

sbreckbill

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a question i use to have the htc tilt and tilt 2 and the older one that i forgot the title it was a number. Well myu comment is i cycle a lot with ear buds in and my phone will be in my pocket or back pack and a simple ask cortana what time it is and would exspect her to tell me in ear buds . weird that simple feature worked in windows 6.5 this is a small example of coarse but why does microsoft seem to let little things like this slip through the cracks I love my music service with microsoft but they continue to make me want to go to android the music app and cortana needs work still have my same bug that does not seem to be fixed

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
dunno what your talking about, but it works for me when I ask Cortana what time it is and she talls me the place too...

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I know it shows on the screen as a Bing search, however just plugged in some ear plugs and Cortana doesn't say it. MS are updating her on a constant basis, so wouldn't be surprised if the speaking time will come in the coming months.

Otherwise, you could post to uservoice! Cortana Feedback

G.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
but it works with me on Bluetooth didn't try ear plugs tho... and no it doesn't show as a bing search, well not for me anyways

Just_Me

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
did a quick search on feedback site, there are several such requests for time to be spoken back. maybe they can be combined into a single feedback & combine the votes.
Mine is speaking the time & location back in my ear buds.

Last edited:

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Are you in the States or using the States as your region?
I'm in the UK, and Cortana does not speak the time, only shows it as a Bing Search.

Usually the States get first dibs, then it rolls out to other areas...

G.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
yes of course I'm using states as my region or else Cortana would not work at all and I would get a bing search only... with that said I would assume you KNOW that already and that is why CORTANA isn't working never mind the saying of the time... moot point if you don't set your region to the states which is a no brainer lol :wink:

sbreckbill

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
thanks so sounds like it getting closer to working for everyone soon cool it still doesnt speak it back forme just shows in bing search wait just thought of something tried it works ok i turned on in speech always on usually have it on wired headset only thanks guys as i read what you all were talkin about this made me try it cool

sbreckbill

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Now i still have a bug i not sure about this one like i said i cycle alot and the voice to text feature i love it . so i will be listening to music than i get a text message while my music is playing . so than it interupts my music than ask me do i want to listen to the text message . i do reply back using the voice features tell it to send it it does all good but than when it returns it back to my music playing it not at the same volum it was at like half so at first i think this but it half in my ear buds and half speaker i pull jack out and put back in than it plays . this a bit embarrassing if on the buss and suddeninglyu everyone hears my music

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon