What's your experience with the 1520

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I was wondering what's yours experience with the Nokia Lumia 1520? I was thinking about selling my HTC One M8 for Android so I can buy a AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 since the Unicorn version is my price hard to find for a reasonable price.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
There is someone selling a 1520 for $300 which is ATT version. If you are interested let me know. Please go through the 1520 forum threads to see what people are saying about their experience with the 1520. My 2cents - it is big, it is stupid fast and for a big phone it is weighted correctly and feels good in the hand.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Lovin' my 1520. The Snapdragon 800 is considered "old" by today's standards but that hardly hampers day-to-day use. It will handle pretty much everything you throw at it with zero problem. Plus the camera is excellent and will only get better with Denim. There's a known issue with the touchscreen. Sometimes it will register a swipe as a tap, or multiple taps. It used to only happen to me every once in a while. Then I dropped my phone. Now it seems like it happens more often. Lesson, don't drop your phone, lol. It's still not bad enough to ruin every day usage though.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
It's locked to AT&T but I'm currently using it on Cricket. AT&T owns Cricket so I didn't have to get it unlocked. I just popped in the Cricket SIM and it worked perfectly. I've had it for almost a year. It's still in good condition despite a few minor drops (nothing worse than maybe knee high). No screen scratches or anything.

freddiet22

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I happen to have one of the 1520 theat have the mic issue, found a service center, all I have to do is go and they will swipe it out. If you arethinking about one , MAKE SURE YOU GET A CASE, A HYBIRD CASE OR A WALLET CASE. I love everything about the 1520 sound, call quality, all great. Waiting for the denim update then windows 10

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
There is someone selling a 1520 for $300 which is ATT version. If you are interested let me know. Please go through the 1520 forum threads to see what people are saying about their experience with the 1520. My 2cents - it is big, it is stupid fast and for a big phone it is weighted correctly and feels good in the hand.

Which color?

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site

Also is it unlocked?

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
The 1520s produced earlier in the production cycle have more of a touch screen issue, so be careful if you're buying used. I wouldn't buy mine for example. From what I read they modified something in production to mitigate the problem, although it's not a 100% fix as I understand it. I don't know if you can tell when a phone was manufactured, maybe by serial number or something.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a white Lumia 1520 and my experience has been mostly positive.

It still is the highest end Lumia, and definitely future proof!! Windows 10 is guaranteed coming to the Lumia 1520.
This should be good for perhaps another 2 years.

The PureView camera is also one of the best around. Only bested by the 41mp monster that is the Lumia 1020.
with 32gb of storage and provision to add a 128gb micro SD card, space should be no issue at all.
Build is also solid in the hand with a great feel.
Battery wasn't great at first for me but after some time battery has improved significantly.

My only con is the front facing camera. If you're a selfie lover then the front camera will definitely disappoint. I'm not a selfie lover but I take selfies with my girlfriend. The 1.2mp front camera does not stand a chance against the Galaxy's out there.

wetworker

Oct 31, 2010
www.zunecards.net
I just got mine today. It's a white 32GB unlocked international version, it's awesome.
After playing with it for a few hours my 920 feels like a small iPhone 4. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99