L1520 Support ATT HD Voice?

Just_Me

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
In looking on the ATT site & coverage maps, they show HD Voice coverage in my area and they say it requires both parties to have a ATT HD voice compatible phone. When checking the list of supported phones, only the HTC One (M8) is listed for Windows Phones.
Does anyone know if the L1520 is HD voice compatible? If not, will it be with an OS/FW update?

Smartphones - AT&T has a Smartphone HD Voice

AT&T HD Voice

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

There are only a handful of phones that are supported with software and hardware for VoLTE at the moment. 1520 not one of them.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
re:

the rep did not answer the question and no the 1520 does not support HD VoLTE. Also feature must be deployed in selected markets to work- and must be using compatible device for both caller and receiver. iPhone 6 was touted to have HD voice calling as well as the newer Samsung Galaxys and HTC ONE M8 Windows. I havent read anywhere that Nok Lumia 1520 was capable of it.

aschettler

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
re:

Hmmm... Did I read somewhere that VoLTE will be supported in 10???
VoLTE is supported in 8.1 Update 1. It's just not available yet on the 1520. It's possible this is a reason for AT&T's delay in rolling out Denim. Typically, software features do not receive heavy scrutiny or long testing periods. It is when changes occur within the network drivers and software that they thoroughly test updates. The Snapdragon 800 is VoLTE capable, and the 1520 has the noise-cancelling mics and software to support VoLTE and HD Voice (which, technically, does not refer to VoLTE but rather to the AMR-WB and EVRC-WB (wideband) voice codecs for GSM and CDMA based networks respectively). I suspect we should see VoLTE enabled in AT&T's Denim update for the 1520.

troylytle

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re:

VoLTE is supported in 8.1 Update 1. It's just not available yet on the 1520. It's possible this is a reason for AT&T's delay in rolling out Denim. Typically, software features do not receive heavy scrutiny or long testing periods. It is when changes occur within the network drivers and software that they thoroughly test updates. The Snapdragon 800 is VoLTE capable, and the 1520 has the noise-cancelling mics and software to support VoLTE and HD Voice (which, technically, does not refer to VoLTE but rather to the AMR-WB and EVRC-WB (wideband) voice codecs for GSM and CDMA based networks respectively). I suspect we should see VoLTE enabled in AT&T's Denim update for the 1520.

This guy. I'm glad you typed it. I'm lazy.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Re:

@Ashettler- That is good news if true, and could explain the delay as you alluded to. I just haven't seen any reference to it for the 1520, good catch there.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re:

There are only a handful of phones that are supported with software and hardware for VoLTE at the moment. 1520 not one of them.

Its actually there in the settings, but hidden by the registry. I will play around with mine and see if I he HD working

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Its actually there in the settings, but hidden by the registry. I will play around with mine and see if I he HD working

Just to follow up, I was able to get it to show the VoLTE toggle but I can't actually get it to turn on. See attached pictures. If you're wondering my method, its the old Windows Insiders app proxy trick that was patched a few weeks back. I have purposely not updated the app, so should be able to continue writing to the registry if there are other keys you guys want me to test

wp_ss_20150309_0001.jpg wp_ss_20150309_0002.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos