My 1520 screen guard cracked

Muralidhar Parimi

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
My bad luck my 1520 screen got cracked. I want to be specific that only 1st layer of screen got cracked... not the inside display. After cracking also nothing is wrong with my phone or display.... Only thing is it looks very shabby.

To replace this I visited Nokia Care they said "the resolution cost for this is INR ₹ 16000/-. They are saying gorilla glass and display also I have to re-place. !! Device cost is INR ₹ 32000/- and the broken gorilla glass cost is INR ₹ 16000/-

I don't know how this works. Why Nokia spare is too costly then phone? And it is hurting a lot...!!!!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
IF everything still works, you could get a tempered glass screen protector, in lieu of screen / lcd / digitizer replacement.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Top layer is the touch pad and display is below the touch pad,
You can get them in eBay for lesser price

Thanx Raj, but, then what?

The Lumia 1520 screen is factory heat sealed. People have been successful getting the (broken) glass off, issue is how to put it back together. To repair this, the complete LCD (Display Assembly) assembly is replaced, anything less & you're asking for trouble. Search for the 'Lumia 1520 Service Manual' ...

Alternatively, my suggestion, if you can bear it & it continues to work, a tempered glass screen protector would work like a bandaid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos