Question About App Switching

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello all, I'm new to Windows Phones in a way. i had the HTC Touch years ago. Anyway, i came back to windows in hope of using my device with my PC in sync as the crappy (just kidding) iPhone and Mac are. Anyway, I switched cold turkey from Android and in search of my quest. I wanted the whole WP experience so I switched from Google Drive to One Drive and even got a Outlook Email.

Enough of that, I have noticed something that maybe someone can give me some insight on. On my 1520 I hold down the back button and I see apps in the background. When I switch to any of those apps I notice that app does a little loading process. That is a little annoying especially if I do the alliterative way of just hitting the back button til I get back to the app I want there is no loading period. I'm looking to dive into the full experience and so these little things matter to me. Is there something that I'm missing? Is there a setting or something that allows those apps to load in the ram it does not have to reload them? Any help and tips would be awesome...

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There's nothing you're missing there. Apps are never really running in the background, but get suspended. Means the state they're in when you're leaving them is frozen and restored when you switch back to or relaunch them. Even though this feature was introduced with the Mango update back in the days of Windows Phone 7, Microsoft changed bits and pieces about it in Windows Phone 8 and furthermore in Windows Phone 8.1. Unfortunately many app developers don't take full advantage of it, which is the reason for the loading/resuming screen you're seeing. At least in most cases.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon