Sadly,for now this is good bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hiding behind your kid to leave a platform and get an Iphone 6. Creativity at its finest.
View attachment 98208

accident do happen.....I remember one from the Blackberry community that had just received his brand new phone Z 30. About a week in, his wife ran into him and the phone flew braking the screen. He also was out...( off course that was not on purpose....)

So is he hiding????

captblaze

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
i do see your logic in leaving and hopefully you find your new experience fulfilling. Each of the 3 major platforms have their pluses and minuses and it is a personal choice an individual needs to make.

I too have a 1520, but also have a other WP devices to fall back on. The fact that it seems Microsoft appears to be spreading itself thin has me concerned for the future. I wish they would get their core services squared away before taking a stab at trends in a half baked manner. I realize you need to move with the times, but Microsoft in the past few years appears to be habitually late for the bus and then scrambles to find a ride to school.

Once again enjoy the new experience and don't forget to visit

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
accident do happen.....I remember one from the Blackberry community that had just received his brand new phone Z 30. About a week in, his wife ran into him and the phone flew braking the screen. He also was out...( off course that was not on purpose....)

So is he hiding????

You trying to square off with me tough guy? Bring it.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. My son hit my 1520 out of my hand. I Found someone who was selling an Atix S Neo cheap. I have that, and I also have the Blu Win HD. I would never go to iPhone. My carrier (AT&T) always has deals for iPhones, even when your contract is not up. I don't care what deals they'd try to dangle in front of me. I owned an iPhone once....for less than a day.

jackxlj

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why this discussion got people so riled up. I didn't purposely break my Lumia, I love windows, even have a nice long post explaining why I love w10 on my l1520, I'm hoping I have another l1520 by the end of the day,iOS is not for me,never has been

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand how anyone can use live tiles and then go to icon based os.

Really, the home screen/s of the iPhone is simply there to check time/notifications, and launch apps. The iPhone isn't the type of device you own to stare at the home screen, the apps literally make the phone what it is. Some would rather have access to the best app store on the planet then have a phone with a more beautiful home screen. I guess it comes down to whats most important to you.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why this discussion got people so riled up. I didn't purposely break my Lumia, I love windows, even have a nice long post explaining why I love w10 on my l1520, I'm hoping I have another l1520 by the end of the day,iOS is not for me,never has been
For the record, I was just joking with you. Do your thing man.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Got my iPhone this.morning, is on craigslist as of now. I don't understand how anyone can use live tiles and then go to icon based os. Tried it out for about 30 min, and then reset it to factory. Att store down the road has the 1520 in yellow for 399 with no contract so ima grab it as soon as iPhone sells.would rather have another black one, but beggers cant be choosers

Swappa is your friend...will sell faster than CL and lot less hassle. Definitely better than Fleabay.

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
There's a pretty white one on Swappa right now for 180 T:
If I was not like, highest bidder on two eBay auctions,
I would have nabbed that white one right now.

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Me personally, i can never go back to iOS and Android. iOS is too bland and expensive and Android is too laggy and you always have to worry about apps taking too much ram, and force closes everyday and you're aren't always guaranteed updates unless you buy a flagship device, or a Nexus device.

ALpHa.Q.RoUgH

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I understand how you feel. I cracked my screen on my 1520 2 days ago. While it still works like nothing ever happened, it just so painful to look at. When I swipe down, I feel the cracks in the screen and I'm like "dang!". I'm not looking to go to Android or iOS as I have tried them both (OnePlus One and Iphone) so I'm thinking of trying out a Blackberry Passport in the meantime since insurance to replace my 1520 is ~200$.

I have a backup 920 but I don't know if I want to go back that far. It's still on Amber I believe.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I understand how you feel. I cracked my screen on my 1520 2 days ago. While it still works like nothing ever happened, it just so painful to look at. When I swipe down, I feel the cracks in the screen and I'm like "dang!". I'm not looking to go to Android or iOS as I have tried them both (OnePlus One and Iphone) so I'm thinking of trying out a Blackberry Passport in the meantime since insurance to replace my 1520 is ~200$.

I have a backup 920 but I don't know if I want to go back that far. It's still on Amber I believe.

Then why not update it to cyan then lmao?
Not sure id ever want to go from windows phone to blackberry myself lmao.

Benny1434

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't bought a new 1520 yet, I'd also recommend going the refurbished route (look brand new with new glass and case, possibly a new battery depending on the place), right around $275 right now (which is a damn good deal IMO). Then when the 1530 comes out you can sell that and get the new one and end up not loosing much money at all and be able to stick with WP.

freddiet22

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Same thing happend to me, 3 days latter but check out e bay 16gb $250 range screen replacement is around$150 I got an Insurance phone that the touch screen went out in two days, sen that back the one they sent had the mic issue. went to the AT&T service center swapped it out for a NEW working 1520 now just need to geto out the office so i get get the the update

jackxlj

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Back to a Lumia 1520, sold iPhone for 625,paid 250 for refurbished 32 gig 1520 from att store,have cash in hand to buy 1530 when it releases,yay and denim now to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon