How do I get my Lumia 1520 (AT&T Denim) out of a Restart Loop?

Cedric Adam

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do I get my Lumia 1520 (AT&T Denim) out of a Restart Loop?

Hi!!! Mine gets stuck to sometimes and i also notice that when that happens that it's because the phone is really really hot right around the camera. So my thought was that it was because the phone was overheating. So i just stick it in the freezer for a couple of minutes so i can reduce it's temperature. Usually by the time i come back to it, it's cooled down and the phone is turned off. I just turn it back on and BOOM!!!! it's working again.

I know it's counter intuitive but it works for me. I've done this so many times now, i don't even bother putting the phone inside a ziplock bag and sucking all the air out before sticking it into the freezer to minimalize condensation inside the phone.

So my best advice would be to not turn off the phone while it's really hot. If it freezes, i think it's best to let it cool down first before rebooting.

Please use this method at your own risk. The idea is to cool down the phone, not to have it be in a wet environment.

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 1520 AT&T Denim Struck on Restart Loop.

Building on what Cedric said, I had this problem with my first 1520. Not wanting to leave it in the fridge without supervision, I actually just blew on my phone at its corner during the update to keep the temperature down. It looked a bit silly, yes, but it worked and I got out of the boot loop.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: How do I get my Lumia 1520 (AT&T Denim) out of a Restart Loop?

Cold air, really? Never woulda guessed. Hmph.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss