• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
03-12-2015 08:34 AM
49 12
tools
    Hey I just updated my L1520 to Lumia denim , I like the fast camera and it REALLY takes fast shots , but the selfie is really crap !! It never was like that ! (btw it is living now , wow !!)and also it takes forever to rotate , anyone like me ??
    Montpbm and L Beezy like this.
    02-26-2015 02:27 PM
    Soft Reset.

If you have the time and the will... Do a clean install with LSRT. FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA Nothing like a clean install to blow out the cobwebs and squash glitchiness.

Were you not in the vanguard crying how you needed Denim to complete your phone? Don't start poo-poo-ing it right out of the gate. Try some common sense tactics first.
    02-26-2015 02:33 PM
    no issues with my denim upgrade - love the fast focus on the Lumia 5.0 app! No selfie issues either.
    02-26-2015 03:38 PM
    Hey I just updated my L1520 to Lumia denim , I like the fast camera and it REALLY takes fast shots , but the selfie is really crap !! It never was like that ! (btw it is living now , wow !!)and also it takes forever to rotate , anyone like me ??
    I'm having the same problem. The front facing camera just doesn't seem as good as before. I tested it by going to Settings > Photos+Camera and changing the default camera back to Microsoft Camera (it's no longer in the apps list). The photos taken with the MS Camera seemed better than the Lumia camera. My phone is also slow to rotate. It takes 4-5 seconds for the screen to rotate now. At first I thought it was just the camera app, but nope, it's through the whole OS.

Update:

The slow rotating just kinda comes and goes.
    Last edited by HeyCori; 02-26-2015 at 04:01 PM.
    Montpbm likes this.
    02-26-2015 03:50 PM
    I noticed another weird issue which is related: when the rotation is locked (on portrait mode) and I go to Lumia Camera > Settings, the settings menu appears in landscape mode. I have already done a soft reset but I haven't had time to fiddle around with it a lot yet. Will do so over the weekend.
    02-26-2015 04:04 PM
    My screen is not rotating at all!!! Ugh
    Montpbm likes this.
    02-26-2015 05:17 PM
    The screen rotation is so slow it's annoying!!!!!
    Montpbm likes this.
    02-26-2015 05:36 PM
    I don't do selfies 'cause I might break my camera but my rotation seems the same. It was never swift to begin with and sometimes I would have to shake the phone to get it to respond. Actually, I find it easier to deal with than the hair-trigger displays on iPhones and some Androids.
    Jazmac likes this.
    02-26-2015 05:41 PM
    Didn't notice this at first but the time was wrong on my phone. Easily fixed by setting the time back to automatic.
    02-26-2015 06:21 PM
    Do a soft reset, folks. Worked like a charm for me. And I generally tend to keep rotation off so the rotation speed works out well for me.
    02-27-2015 04:06 AM
    Actually, the rotate bug is common (universal?) after installing Denim and is triggered as soon as you use the new camera. A hard reset is the only lasting solution, but that will squash the bug for good.
    RumoredNow and crav4speed like this.
    02-27-2015 04:15 AM
    Actually, the rotate bug is common (universal?) after installing Denim and is triggered as soon as you use the new camera. A hard reset is the only lasting solution, but that will squash the bug for good.
    Damn, I woke up this morning thinking I should try a hard reset. I'm actually backing up my settings right now. Thanks for the info.

Update:

Hard reset only took about an hour, so not too bad. I've been using the phone for about two hours with no signs of rotation problems. Hopefully it stays fixed.
    Last edited by HeyCori; 02-27-2015 at 08:07 AM.
    aximtreo and RumoredNow like this.
    02-27-2015 05:18 AM
    Five to six seconds for the camera to recognize a change and rotate for me. Yes, it is annoying.
    02-27-2015 12:11 PM
    Has anyone experiencing these problems started from a clean install?

I'm curious. Still waiting for Denim to hit my 1520.3. When it does my plan is to use LSRT and get a clean install then a hard reset before restoring data and plugging my cards back in.
    a5cent likes this.
    02-27-2015 01:22 PM
    I thought the reason for all the delays were so these things could be tested? Maybe they are doing something else instead of actually testing stuff?
    02-27-2015 02:10 PM
    I thought the reason for all the delays were so these things could be tested? Maybe they are doing something else instead of actually testing stuff?
    I'm pretty sure the testing process consisted of a lot of this.

images.jpeg
    theefman, MEschner and kwambe5 like this.
    02-27-2015 02:17 PM
    Didn't notice the slow rotation until I read this . A soft reset worked for me. Now the rotation is on point. Good observation OP!
    02-27-2015 03:08 PM
    Yeah it should be faster, check out how fast it is when you use the mytube! App, unreal!!
    02-27-2015 03:22 PM
    Yeah it should be faster, check out how fast it is when you use the mytube! App, unreal!!
    Wow, ill have to reinstall MyTube. It's painfully slow on that App for me, even the beta. It's been since before Denim, for me. No change at all. I did a soft reset after updating, too.
    02-27-2015 03:25 PM
    Didn't notice the slow rotation until I read this . A soft reset worked for me. Now the rotation is on point. Good observation OP!
    It worked for me when I changed the language to French and then back to English and it was really fast , just 3 minutes after and it is slow again :/ how's the soft reset done ? To make sure I'm doing it right
    02-27-2015 03:58 PM
    It worked for me when I changed the language to French and then back to English and it was really fast , just 3 minutes after and it is slow again :/ how's the soft reset done ? To make sure I'm doing it right
    Soft reset is just a fancy way of saying, "turn it off and then turn it back on."

I tried restarting my phone several times with no long term success.

The only thing that worked for me was doing a hard reset (wiping the phone completely and starting from scratch).

I've been using the phone all day with no sign of slow rotation. And thanks to the backup feature in WP it didn't take too long to reinstall all my settings and apps.
    02-27-2015 04:37 PM
    No, it's pressing the volume down and power button until it goes black and then vibrates. Letting go after it vibrates.
    02-27-2015 04:40 PM
    No, it's pressing the volume down and power button until it goes black and then vibrates. Letting go after it vibrates.
    Then what does a soft reset (power+volume button) do differently than just turning it on and off?

I tried both methods while trying to fix my rotation problem and neither did anything to help.
    02-27-2015 04:51 PM
    It's the camera guys !! When I turn my phone on , the rotation is just great , but when I open Lumia camera and then close it once or twice , the rotation starts to become slow until it gets REAL slow !!
    Scipio Magnus and crav4speed like this.
    02-28-2015 12:44 AM
    Soft reset is just a fancy way of saying, "turn it off and then turn it back on."

I tried restarting my phone several times with no long term success.

The only thing that worked for me was doing a hard reset (wiping the phone completely and starting from scratch).

I've been using the phone all day with no sign of slow rotation. And thanks to the backup feature in WP it didn't take too long to reinstall all my settings and apps.
    Can you open Lumia camera and close it and see what happens after one minute or two ?
    02-28-2015 12:45 AM
49 12