With AT&T I had internet sharing as part of my plan. I used it a handful of times a year. When I switched to Cricket I lost the hotspot option (the Internet Share setting isn't even accessible). Imagine my surprise when I installed Denim and in the settings menu was Internet Sharing. So I tried it out and it worked perfectly. I was like, "Haha, got'cha Cricket!"

Well I had to do a hard reset to fix a bug. Sadly, after the restore the Internet Sharing option was gone. It was nice while it lasted.
    02-27-2015 09:58 AM
    Carrier B**ches !

If there is any any any option for you to get carrier unlocked phones I beg you please get them.

even if it costs you :)
    it will be worth it !
    HeyCori, neo158 and TheBadGuy_88 like this.
    02-27-2015 10:27 AM
    You could flash it back to Cyan and let it update to Denim again, maybe you'd get lucky twice.
    HeyCori likes this.
    02-27-2015 10:44 AM
    With AT&T I had internet sharing as part of my plan. I used it a handful of times a year. When I switched to Cricket I lost the hotspot option (the Internet Share setting isn't even accessible). Imagine my surprise when I installed Denim and in the settings menu was Internet Sharing. So I tried it out and it worked perfectly. I was like, "Haha, got'cha Cricket!"

Well I had to do a hard reset to fix a bug. Sadly, after the restore the Internet Sharing option was gone. It was nice while it lasted.
    Try using the Nokia Recovery Tool to revert back to Cyan and then reupdate?
    HeyCori likes this.
    02-27-2015 10:46 AM
    You could flash it back to Cyan and let it update to Denim again, maybe you'd get lucky twice.
    Naw, luckily I don't care enough to go through that whole process again.
    Guytronic and RumoredNow like this.
    02-27-2015 10:51 AM
    mvno carriers almost exclusively cripple Internet Sharing. Since the IS on Windows Phone is not masked they simply block it carrier side. It's not worth reverting/reflashing for some momentary glory. LOLz.
    Guytronic and HeyCori like this.
    02-27-2015 02:15 PM
    Man I hope T-Mo doesn't catch on (maybe they actually don't care)
    Fingers crossed

I sort of depend on sharing when I carry other phones with me.
    HeyCori likes this.
    02-27-2015 02:25 PM

Try re-booting the phone w/o the sim (it should show up). Then put the sim in, you may still have internet sharing.
    02-28-2015 01:48 PM
    Interesting. I might try that.
    02-28-2015 01:49 PM
    1520.3 on ST w/ ATT style SIM.

My Internet Sharing never disappeared on me. Every time I turn it on it says connecting, spins for a minute and then disconnects. Tethering is absolutely against Straight Talk's TOS and WP Internet Sharing is decidedly unmasked.
    HeyCori likes this.
    02-28-2015 03:19 PM
    This is the reason (+VisualVoicemail, +Lower pings) I walked away from Cricket (and would not go with ST because of the same reason). I actually needed Internet Sharing so I went with GoPhone. Definitely less data than Cricket so there's a compromise.

-Don't need Internet Sharing and want as much data as you can: go with Cricket.
    -Need Internet Sharing and don't mind getting less data: go with GoPhone.
    03-02-2015 11:41 AM
    No Visual Voice Mail is solved quite generously by signing up on browser for YouMail and installing the ISeeVM App on your phone.

I use it on Straight Talk and it exceeds my expectations about what VVM should deliver.
    Al4video likes this.
    03-02-2015 12:04 PM
    Damn, must suck to be from the US :P
    Madam ImAdam likes this.
    03-08-2015 05:00 AM
    Damn, must suck to be from the US :P
    It's hard living on that carrier teat.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    03-11-2015 04:18 PM
    It's hard living on that carrier teat.
    Yeah.. For a long time I was jaelous about how US peeps got their phones for so cheap, while around here it's pretty much the norm you pay the full unlocked price upfront. Then a US friend told me how it really is over there when I was once complaining about that. I then realized I was lucky paying my unlocked phones upfront, while my call, text and data plan is around 10usd worth a month and has unlimited data with very reasonable call and text fees. And my carrier doesnt tell me what phones I can or can not buy nor can it limit the features of my phone.
    03-12-2015 07:10 AM
    Thank goodness our T-Mobile plan includes internet sharing! Needed it recently when our home Internet went down for a couple days.
    HeyCori likes this.
    03-12-2015 08:46 AM