1520 will not connect to Wifi after Denim update

PBlessing

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
As of this morning I have not been able to connect my AT&T 1520 Lumia to my wireless network. Last night I did the Denim upgrade via the same network. Android tablets and iphones having no issues connecting. Have restarted the router, verified MAC Address. Deleted MAC from access control. Disabled all security (made it an open network) and it still will not connect.

Any suggestions?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried forgetting the network and re-entering the password?

I assume you tried a soft reset of your phone alreadyl

PBlessing

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have tried forgetting the network and rentering the password. I even removed the need for the password all together. I am hesitant to do a hard reset or lumia recovery software as I have seen a few other instances of this cropping up and neither has been successful in resolving the issue.

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys... since my Denim update (using Nokia Retail Tool) flashed the whole thing. Since then though my 1520's WiFi has not been the best. I've had to turn off my 1520 to reset otherwise it just won't connect dynamically to already known spots and locations.

If someone has a solution to this is would be helpful otherwise I may have to wait for Windows 10 TP to come on the 1520...

Roumen Dontchev

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Same issue with me as tropolite. I've installed Denim by Recovery Tool and WiFi started loose signal, connection is very slow. When I go to WiFi settings it starts searching signal as if it has been lost. Very strange behaviour in fact...

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh, dear, what I understood was that denim should have solved wifi isssues with the 1520. Could it perhaps be a hardware issue?

James Jennett

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got a new wifi hotspot today and before I did anything with it, I changed the default SSID, join password and admin passwords.

Could NOT get my 1520 to connect to it.

Made sure WIFI password matched perfectly.

Found the posts above, just restarted my 1520. Now works fine.

I love consistency.

joeonsunset

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. My 1520 stopped connecting reliably to almost any wifi AP recently, post Denim-update. Really frustrating, but, I guess I will have to go down the hard reset rabbit hole. Which really sucks--I JUST got my start screen the way I wanted it. (If only there was a way of backing that up!)

joeonsunset

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
What's this? My Start Screen got backed up? lol. There's a year-old piece of news I had missed. What a relief. And it looks like a Recovery Tool flash fixed the wi-fi problem for me as well (for now.)

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow. Does the recovery flash really fix wifi issues on the 1520? I have two (different rm) and there were always issues with reconnecting to known networks (restart would temporarily help) but the frequency really increased with the denim update... Would be nice to know although a flash/reset isn't quite ideal....

Avro504

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Had to do a reset to get my 1520 to connect to wifi after Denim update, since then has occasionally needed a reboot to connect, very annoying as it was very reliiable on black and cyan.

aleunge

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Recently updated to 8.1 GDR2 (with Insider hack) and WiFi issues seem to have reduced. So far so good but will report later since I have two and just updated to GDR2 on that other one as well.

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been having WiFi issues as well since installing Denim on my 1520.3.

For me, the troubles seem to be related to which access point I connected to last. There is a particular AP at my fitness club that has reliability issues, but once I do successfully connect to it, whenever I get home I almost never can connect to my home AP's, any of them (and there are 4 in the network). I have to power cycle to get the 1520 to work. This wasn't the case before installing Denim.

I'm on GDR2 now (thanks to Windows Insider) and it hasn't made any difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion