Sunspots on the screen

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I bought a 1520 off of eBay and it has sunspots on the screen so I was wondering is that a common issue with the 1520s?

teranceo

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
My 1520 has a couple spots that show up as bright spots where the color of the screen is either white or a light gray. I've just had to live with it. It gets less noticeable as time goes on but still far from ideal.

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Bright spots are consequences of water exposure. Your phones display had a contact with water, humidity or maybe somee other fluid. It can be temprorary till the water evaporate or permanent if it had dammaged your screen.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You've got two threads on this... Here's what I typed into the other one:

faith3935... I don't know what "sunspots" are in terms of screen display.

Let me ask. Do the spots show in a screen shot? (I'm guessing not.) If yes, share a screen shot here...

It sounds more like your phone may have been water damaged and it affected the display or someone cheaped out and only replaced the glass and your digitizer is not adhered properly.

Take a pic of it with a camera and upload that.

Start a conversation with the seller about a return and if they are being a jerk get (eBay? Amazon?) the site involved.

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
There are many threads here on bright spots on the screen in the area around the main camera. That light leakage can be seen only in light backgrounds. I've had two 1520s and both developed spots. They are annoying but these days I'll have to forcefully notice to see them, I got used to it and doesn't bother much..

But if by sunspots you actually mean a dark spot.. then I guess I have not seen that anywhere...

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
You've got two threads on this... Here's what I typed into the other one:

faith3935... I don't know what "sunspots" are in terms of screen display.

Let me ask. Do the spots show in a screen shot? (I'm guessing not.) If yes, share a screen shot here...

It sounds more like your phone may have been water damaged and it affected the display or someone cheaped out and only replaced the glass and your digitizer is not adhered properly.

Take a pic of it with a camera and upload that.

Start a conversation with the seller about a return and if they are being a jerk get (eBay? Amazon?) the site involved.
Sorry. The Windows Central app gave me an error on this thread so I assumed that my thread didn't get started so I started another thread

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
There are many threads here on bright spots on the screen in the area around the main camera. That light leakage can be seen only in light backgrounds. I've had two 1520s and both developed spots. They are annoying but these days I'll have to forcefully notice to see them, I got used to it and doesn't bother much..

But if by sunspots you actually mean a dark spot.. then I guess I have not seen that anywhere...

Yup. I think its around that area. Is it normal?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs