Need New Memory Card

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
After the update to Denim and setting my video recording to 4K. While recording I get the message:

Your memory card can't save data fast enough...

Obviously I need to get a updated memory card. So my question is to you guys who are not having this issue, what memory card brand, size, & characteristics are you using? Just curious before I get another one on order.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
After the update to Denim and setting my video recording to 4K. While recording I get the message:

Your memory card can't save data fast enough...

Obviously I need to get a updated memory card. So my question is to you guys who are not having this issue, what memory card brand, size, & characteristics are you using? Just curious before I get another one on order.

Just for your information.
1 4K is "nice" but if you do not have a 4K monitor or TV it is not really needed.
2 There was a report a while ago that the phone got overheated after 10-15 min continues recording.
3 4K needs lots of storage space 1 hour 4K recording needs about 25-27 GB.
4 Do not forget that if you want to copy 25GB to your pc that it also will take time.
5 I would recommend a fast class 10 card > 40 MB/sec (Samsung)

Bye the way above is not to discourage you.

Sam_oslo

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have tried 4K video + high-quality Audio recording on Samsung Pro microSDXC Class 10 UHS-I 90/80MB/s 64GB and it worked fine for about 10 short, about 10 to 30 Sec each, right after each other.

I got the "Your memory card can't save data fast enough" only once, and that was when I pressed the record too fast, the card was still writing.

I haven't shot any long scenes yet and don't know how it will do, but I have an impression that it can keep up, if your phone doesn't heat up. Anyway, the Samsung Pro is among the best and fastest cards you get in these days.

You can see one of those short 4K shots on my Flicker: http://flic.kr/p/r2PLBV

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys for your feedback. Just wanted to see if there was anything out new that I was not aware of. I'm a videographer and I have a rig where I can add my phone for another cam to record. So I thought I would try it out and throw the footage in my editing software to see how it measures up.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Go for a Sandisk extreme plus. Only card that writes at 50 MB/s. Most cards max out at 15 MB/s for write which is too slow for 4k data rate. Read is irrelevant. They are pricy but Amazon has them on sale from time to time. I only use this on my slr for video recording.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05