Texting/Bluetooth lost after Denim update

ejvette

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Prior to Denim when I would receive a text message in the car it would play it through the Bluetooth like a phone call...... that no longer works and it was a very handy feature ....anyone else notice this?

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Prior to Denim when I would receive a text message in the car it would play it through the Bluetooth like a phone call...... that no longer works and it was a very handy feature ....anyone else notice this?

Have you pair both devices again?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nisheeth Singh

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Any luck on this issue? I did a factory reset on my Lumia 1520 but to no avail. Also having pairing issues with my Lexus IS, I'm having to delete and add back the device almost each time I get in the car. Never had this prior to the update.

jervantew

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue, except mine will occasionally read through my car and other times not. Really is an issue when you rely upon it to keep from texting and driving.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, tor all my phones, when Denim was installed I had to un-pair the phone from my cars AND delete the cars from the phone's list of Bluetooth connections and then re-pair the phone. Just un-pairing and re-pairing did NOT get the hands free text reading and response working. The cars had to also be deleted from the phone under bluetooth settings while it was un-paired.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234