03-15-2015 10:33 PM
372 ... 131415
tools
    Currently downloading it now...

I was not able to get the update earlier this morning simply because my Preview for Developers is enabled.

If any of you who cannot get the update, try disabling the preview and restart your phone...
    03-12-2015 12:48 AM
    Anyone know how large is the download? Thinking of getting it over cellular.
    If you are on pfd, the size is roughly 97 Mb while those who are not will be larger.
    03-12-2015 12:53 AM
    Finally! Updating! See you on the other side.
    03-12-2015 01:51 AM
    Not going to lie, that was pretty anticlimactic. Windows 10 won't be anything special either (for me at least considering I don't care about apps and thats all they are really pushing in the update). Nonetheless, Im pretty happy and can't complain. Hey Cortana works great. I am a few metres from it and it responds to my Australian accent.
    03-12-2015 02:17 AM
    What happened to people hub? I can't see the live tile anymore,its been removed
    03-12-2015 03:46 AM
    Its back, I don't know how but it just magically appeared
    03-12-2015 03:56 AM
    Has anyone encountered a problem in enabling Hey Cortana?

I'm getting a "Disable by company policy" message on cortana setting....
    03-12-2015 10:26 PM
    It kept saying that my phone is up to date, so I went and turned off DP, and then went back and did another search for updates and viola! Now I'm updating, at last :)
    And FFS people, stop whining about the updates - you'll all get it eventually, if your phone is functioning well (and there's no reason it won't) you shouldn't be so stressed out to get the update, what does it really matter if you'll get it right on the spot or a while later?
    03-13-2015 03:51 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing like an 8 second delay when rotating the phone?
    03-13-2015 04:26 PM
    Just uninstalled Lumia camera and camera classic then restarted, then reinstalled the camera apps and restarted again. It is working great now, hopefully it can stay that way.
    03-13-2015 05:13 PM
    Do i have to re-enable "Rich capture" every f...... time that i open Lumia Camera? That's obnoxious
    03-13-2015 10:15 PM
    Can confirm. Installed Denim on 1520HK Model yesterday in Australia! :)
    03-13-2015 11:40 PM
    Quick question, just updated yesterday and its pretty fun to play around with hey cortana. My lockscreen changes to black and white with slight pixelation anytime I lock my phone though. Once I double tap/unlock in any way the colour pops back. Anyone else facing this?
    03-14-2015 12:45 AM
    Quick question, just updated yesterday and its pretty fun to play around with hey cortana. My lockscreen changes to black and white with slight pixelation anytime I lock my phone though. Once I double tap/unlock in any way the colour pops back. Anyone else facing this?
    Wow, what a coincidence. I just unlocked my phone to look at windows central and I too noticed some pixelation. It's the first time its happened though.
    03-14-2015 06:03 AM
    It's a new feature of the glance screen. You can turn off background photos at the glance settings to get rid of the pixelated image :)
    Fui likes this.
    03-14-2015 10:03 AM
    It's a new feature of the glance screen. You can turn off background photos at the glance settings to get rid of the pixelated image :)
    Thanks! I thought it was some sort of problem, nearly did a soft reset too. I played around the glance settings, reselected my background photo and now the colour is back. Still pixelation though before double tap/unlocking, any thoughts?
    03-14-2015 10:38 AM
    And FFS people, stop whining about the updates - you'll all get it eventually, if your phone is functioning well (and there's no reason it won't) you shouldn't be so stressed out to get the update, what does it really matter if you'll get it right on the spot or a while later?
    Umm a little harsh don't you think?... So exactly what is your definition of "a while", you do know technology moves fast and that in only a short few months the likely hood of one being on the receiving end for updates will be slim to none do you not? Considering that WP lags behind the competition in features and quality apps I think many are getting frustrated waiting for MS to get up to speed, things were looking OK a few months back then they decided to change directions (WP10), I've been here long enough to see a downward trend in their commitment to address bug fixes/enhancements in a timely manner which is definitely evident with this Denim roll-out.

I already have two WP that appear relegated to "you got what you got" status and my third, L830, which is still waiting for bug fixes along w/enhancements touted as having from the get-go that's 6+ months old, so every day that goes by is another day closer to it being labeled as redundant not to mention me having to endure those bugs which plague it day in and day out, month after month.

So I believe myself and many others DO have the right to "whine" and be pissed off with the slow implementation of updates by MS, especially when it supposedly improves the overall WP experience yet they never come.
    03-14-2015 12:59 PM
    Do i have to re-enable "Rich capture" every f...... time that i open Lumia Camera? That's obnoxious
    It is good that they disable it after you close the app. Rich capture is essentially HDR photo mode which only merge photos with different flash iso and shutter speed settings. However, this render limited control over settings of the shutter speed, wb, iso, etc.
    03-14-2015 01:04 PM
    Rookie question but can you use rich capture a while after you take the photograph. It only lets me use it when I view the photo right after photographing it not after a couple of photographs
    03-14-2015 08:17 PM
    Thanks! I thought it was some sort of problem, nearly did a soft reset too. I played around the glance settings, reselected my background photo and now the colour is back. Still pixelation though before double tap/unlocking, any thoughts?
    I think they implemented it this way to conserve battery life. Lighting fewer pixels uses less batt power though the side effect is the pixelation.
    03-15-2015 12:39 AM
    The pixilation is because the glance uses a low energy driving mode (display memory) for glance so you get pixilated pictures.
    So there is no fix for that.
    03-15-2015 09:34 AM
    Alright thanks guys, now that I know its actually for power saving I actually kinda like it!
    03-15-2015 10:33 PM
372 ... 131415