Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
You have no idea how many times have I pressed the 'check for updates' button.

Probably around 15 times, which isn't much. I still want it though. Come on MS.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just checked on my 1520, and it said "Your phone is up to date. Last checked 2 seconds ago." I can't help but wonder if anything changed in the past second though. Maybe I should check again.

euichii

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I think there was just a mistake with the update page. Also the high end phones received the update last because these units are the ones which benefit in the Denim update a lot. That is why low end phones got the update first because these only involve "bug fixes" and some low end did not even receive updated firmware but only OS with Denim. I prefer waiting because so many improvements were included for my phone instead of being the last even the features that will be added to my phone is same with the low end models.

buda56

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Yep, I'm also still waiting. Very frustrating when the website and the extras & Info also say that it is available but check for updates just plays dumb and says there is nothing to update.

Peter :unhappy:

Kavindu Thrimanne

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I was gonna post a thread about this and luckily found this thread. I've been checking for updates for a long time now. But after I saw that the update is available in the web page I got really excited. So I straight away checked for an update but nothing is available. I thought to myself that maybe this would take at least a day but now its been a couple of days and yet no update. I wonder why though. Waited so long for this and still no sign of it. Sad. Sad.

buda56

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere on the net that Microsoft stated that all devices would be updated to Denim by the end of February, well that is a big joke...

P.:smile:

sylau90

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere on the net that Microsoft stated that all devices would be updated to Denim by the end of February, well that is a big joke...

Microsoft announces Lumia Denim update, available Q4 2014 - GSMArena.com news

Here you go...the link.

The Lumia Denim update will first launch on Lumia 930, Lumia 1520 and Lumia Icon by the end of Q4 this year. It will be expanded over the entire compatible Lumia range shortly. The new Camera app will be available only on Lumia 930, 1520 and Icon. The newly announced Lumia 830 is already running on Denim including the updated Camera.

In realistic, seems like the another way around, update first launch on budget device and expanded to high end lumia range shortly. Biggest joke...

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site

I do as well. I guess I never expected them to fulfil that. Rather it should be said that "all devices will be updated to denim on the OFFICIAL DENIM TRACKER by the end of the month".

Seems more fitting...

mptripper

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm now downloading the denim firmware update through lumia software recovery tool. Yes, the denim update is now available for download through the said recovery tool :) ... But so far, no OTA update yet

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
That's what I did :) Running pretty on Denim right now. Since I had just received my 1520 this morning, I didn't really have anything done. After Denim, it picked up on my 930 layout and backups. So that's great! :)

Thanks for your advice.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
still no denim on my HK 1520, its been days now that it said its available on the official availability page, its not as if we are talking about a few hours for it to cascade out, a fairy big delay at this point

as others have said, it can be frustrating, as there was a big delay before their official page even said it was available, we were the last bunch, and even now, when it says available, nothing, and the 1520 is one of the few high end phones, that actually gains the most from denim as far as i can tell, 4k, hey cortana, camera improvements/battery life etc, little bit disheartening to keep seeing the lowest end entry level devices getting all the updates earlier.

mptripper

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I already installed the denim update through the software tool. Flashing the firmware is equivalent to doing a hard reset on your phone. You lose your files, apps, and messages saved on your phone. Please do a back up before flashing the firmware or better yet, wait for the OTA update

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo