Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Well glad the website is not incorrect but why have they decided to announce it's availability when, well, it's not actually available yet? Weird and annoying.

aemehran

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if there's a way to use the "Lumia recovery tool" to update instead of flash the device. The Lumia recovery tool has the Denim updated version showing. I'm still not getting the OTA update either for my RM-937. Hard to wait when you have #LumiaLove syndrome. lol

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I would use the recovery. Much cleaner install. OTA on major updates always seems to cause issues especially battery.

YeahRrright

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
After getting Denim via LSRT got OTA update today for some "additional language support". Was a very fast update, I wonder what it actually was?

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody now how to notify this to MS?
I already ccontacted support and asked them what was going on, I then asked him to contact his manager about the problem. Not that this counts as contacting Microsoft because the support agents don't have the power but at least the problem is out there.

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Does the recovery tool erase the same data as a hard reset? Lucky I just did a hard reset last week, I wouldn't lose much. So will I have to download apps, reset the region etc.

Dulvar Nicolae

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
updated with lumia recovery tool, first i copied the folder camera roll to my laptop so i can have the extra files that make living images, the rest i don`t care, the apps i got them in 20 minutes, the update took me 20-30 minutes. i regret nothing. lumia camera is fabulos and hey cortana is awesome. until the update my phone had some bugs, now is working perfect.

Adeel 360

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't want to go through a hard reset I hope MS pushes the update ASAP. I dont think this problem has occurred with any other phone models :-o

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I think I might try software recovery, I've got nothing to lose since I haven't done much with the phone since my hard reset. I'll let you all know how it goes if I do it.

anism

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Guys just go for the Recovery tool way, the back up restore is not bad and you will get denim and start focusing on something else like me. I should say that highlight feature of Hey Cortana doesn't work that very good. You have to tell it to activate many times before it actually activates. I am in Australia.

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I have decided to wait for the OTA update. That is annoying news to hear as I too am in australia. Though Im sure I can come up with a mock American accent (Though Im not sure which type) to get it to understand.

jlx2013

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Somebody WITHOUT PFD and the same problem? I was talking with Lumia Help in Twitter and they blame PFD (BTW they said that it must to be enabled). Maybe if somebody brings me some information i can tell them about this annoying problem. I'm not saying that it will work, but trying is free.

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Somebody WITHOUT PFD and the same problem? I was talking with Lumia Help in Twitter and they blame PFD (BTW they said that it must to be enabled). Maybe if somebody brings me some information i can tell them about this annoying problem. I'm not saying that it will work, but trying is free.

If you are asking whether there is someone without PfD installed and who cannot update then thats me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte