Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

anism

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I spoke to a support on twitter yesterday and they told me use the Lumia Recovery tool for Denim. I think everyone waiting getting frustrated just get it thru LRT, just back everything, I say again the backup restore is not that bad. I am enjoying Denim from yesterday, kind of cause Hey Cortana is far from being good.

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I think the main concern here is that we should not have to use the recovery tool, the update process should actually work... They have already rolled it out to about 15 countries already so what is so special about HK? I'd be more than happy to use recovery it's just these things should work

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The problem is that not all people can use the recovery tool. A lot of business users like me stored a lot of documents on the go in the phone. They cannot reset the phone just for the firmware.
And it is supposed that the phones can update OTA. This is just ridiculous that MS is telling people to use the recovery tool. This is just like asking people to completely erase their windows 8 PC just for updating to 8.1.
It is very much frustrating about their customer support as they seems not to understand what you said even though you are explaining clearly.

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I think we should tweet Joe Belfiore or even Nadella to inform them our situation. That might get the problem solved a bit faster.

Not some HK CV users don't get the OTA update, but ALL.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I think we should tweet Joe Belfiore or even Nadella to inform them our situation. That might get the problem solved a bit faster.

Not a small amount HK CV users don't get the OTA update, but ALL.

Maybe someone from china can confirm or deny if they've received it? Because maybe they're filtering ip addresses.... So only Chinese phones in China are receiving the update.

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Maybe someone from china can confirm or deny if they've received it? Because maybe they're filtering ip addresses.... So only Chinese phones in China are receiving the update.

No, impossible. MS does not implement any filters in the OTA update process, we just need the matched model to get the update, and of course, a working Internet connection. Because all Hong Kong and Chinese users who are holding the same HK CV models encounter the same problem, no OTA yet.

terencechan

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that there is no updates for both pfd users and consumer users(my friends) and I am from Hong Kong. The phone was bought directly from stores in Hong Kong.

von schwartz

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I can't post a link because I'm new here, but go to: www dot microsoft dot com, and open /en-hk/mobile/support/product/lumia1520/softwareupdate/
It says cyan. If you open the update tracker, check for HK, it says denim. Some are blaming the carriers on other forums, but I think this is an MS problem. And it's also not the carriers fault that MS announced something in December, told the users that flagship phones (1520 and 930) gets the update first, then after 2 months, tell the users that it's available when it's not.

Chicopower

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Thx for the tip about this "manual" Denim update.

Worked like a charm for my 1520 HK (RM-937) :smile:
I uninstalled "Preview for developer" before doing the following steps

1. Backup your data
2. Install "Windows phone recovery tool" (first result on google)
3. Start the application
4. Plug the phone by USB
5. Confirm to install the update displayed. This will download about 1.7 GB from internet.
6. Wait.. and finish!

Some reboot are required after the first boot.
For sure, i'm not happy to set some "lost" settings again.. but i have Denim with a fresh install.

OTA version deploy expected for 2047 :amaze:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb