Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
They: "This is something our team is currently working on. We'd appreciate you informing them to reach out to us about their phones."
Me: "So, are you sayin that you're aware of the OTA problem with that variant and working on it?"
They: "We have received tweets regarding the same and we have consulted the relevant team about it."
I think i'm gonna cry.

What can I do to help? Im at school at the moment but i can do something when i get home (in 7 hours...). Can i reply to your tweets with LumiaHelp or is that not possible?

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
It seems like the support team just have a sheet of premade replies that they can ONLY adhere to. They are just going out of their way to not answer your questions...

jlx2013

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
What can I do to help? Im at school at the moment but i can do something when i get home (in 7 hours...). Can i reply to your tweets with LumiaHelp or is that not possible?

Yes you can, but it's better to tweet directly to them. Tell them about the problem, and that you don't have the preview.

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Well they got back to me, useless reply as always. I have now sent them my phone info and the evidence of the update on their tracker. If I can figure out how to attach pictures using the mobile Windows Central I'll send then to you all here

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
If they know, that's enough. Maybe you should tweet them again, but just saying.

I did tweet them again just with my phone details and evidence of the tracker page. If they know that's good enough but it can't hurt more more people to tell them the issue, that way they might actually feel like they need to do something

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay so they replied and said that I should try changing the region to HK along with the time zone. I'm going to try after this is sent. I can't figure out how to attach pics so ill just tell you what they have said. I'm a novice with Twitter and technology really.

jlx2013

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay so they replied and said that I should try changing the region to HK along with the time zone. I'm going to try after this is sent. I can't figure out how to attach pics so ill just tell you what they have said. I'm a novice with Twitter and technology really.

Tell us if it works (I doubt so)

Chicopower

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for listing the steps. You made it look so easy that I decided it was worth it for getting to a clean install after doing the dev preview. Download was fast thanks to a 5MB/s connection. :) Install was crazy fast, maybe 3 minutes. Restore from backup though is taking forever, so much so that WP asked me if I had time and asked me to press a 'keep going' button. :)

Edit - things you don't want to see during a restore from backup:

View attachment 98920

​As an aside, anyone have any tips on how to deal with SD cards through a backup/restore cycle? Keep the card in throughout the entire process? I disconnected mine since I basically only have music and videos on it, but I wonder if there's a best practice.

Not a cool problem..

On my side, no problem with the restore of the backup. I followed the Wizard (displayed at 1st boot) which restore the backup.
I don't have any SD Card sorry.

To your other question about "update done after fresh install", in my case, its linked to a "language pack" which depends on the chosen parameters.
I got another one related to "Device Hub" update which need reboot.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not a cool problem..

On my side, no problem with the restore of the backup. I followed the Wizard (displayed at 1st boot) which restore the backup.

I don't have any SD Card sorry.

Thanks for the response. It actually looks like everything restored ok despite that message. Looking forward to train "Hey Cortana" later. I've already saved about an hour not having to check for the OTA update compulsively. :D

Edit: You were right about the update. After the update and restart it finally confessed that a new language was installed. Better late than never I guess.

Last edited:

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
They want me to send a picture of about phone. I noticed when you all posted your screenshots of about phone you covered part of it. Is it safe to publicly send a pic of it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb