Lumia denim Hong Kong Lumia 1520

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
yea this denim update is starting to really bother me, I had it on my other L1520 AT&T and really gotten used to it especially the HEY CORTANA thing... what is the problem? seriously!!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had it now. I'm just going to use LSRT. I'll have denim by tonight ;)
Good luck! I did the same, but I have to admit that I've been wondering why I did this again. Hey Cortana is cool, but after having it not respond a few times I've gone back to using the search button. It is kind of nice how quickly the camera launches though.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had it now. I'm just going to use LSRT. I'll have denim by tonight ;)

I did this and I have Denim on my 1520 and I can report that it is working fine! In my opinion, aside from Hey Cortana! and Lumia Camera v5.0x, the interface seems a trifle smoother (though this could very well be a placebo effect), the battery life seems a bit better and the overall responsiveness of the system seems better.

Frankly, I have not tried using the camera yet though. I have trained Hey Cortana, but I would have liked "her" to be able to send emails etc., which I believe is a Windows 10 feature. Other than that I can't see too much of a difference of any kind really.

But at least the phone is up-to-date and is working well.

The other thing that I was really surprised about is that why this was not a OTA update and why did it have to go through LSRT. Oh well, Microsoft works in mysterious ways, I guess!

Adeel 360

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Good luck! I did the same, but I have to admit that I've been wondering why I did this again. Hey Cortana is cool, but after having it not respond a few times I've gone back to using the search button. It is kind of nice how quickly the camera launches though.

Thanks also I wanted to ask did you guys take out your sd card before using LSRT?

hurkanasmaci

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
MS should release the OTA update asap. I don't want to hard reset my phone and wipe all the data I have for the sake of denim. This is ridiculous... I have been a Windows Phone fan since the Windows Mobile times, and updates have always been the main problem :/ I REALLY love my 1520, but this waiting sequence for denim is just tiring.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The only thing that bothers me is that I'll have to do a hard reset anyway.
I can do it now, and get Denim via LSRT.
Or I could just wait for the OTA (and who knows when will it come), and then do a hard reset because it's recommended to do it after each software upgrade.

mikelpikel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 7.53.07 pm.png

Why are they still going and not coming up with an answer when with some of you they have said use Software Recovery or please wait while it rolls out. I find it highly odd that they have given different answers to different people.

JC_Yang

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
A piece of news from a Chinese tech site indicate(maybe confirm?) the OTA of Hong Kong Lumia 1520 hasn't started yet.
I don't know where they get this information, anyway, that make me relief, at least, for a moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans