Recording in 1080p/24fps has Artifacts guys,

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I just want to ask how is your recording experience on the Lumia 1520?
I use the Lumia Camera app without Denim yet.

I always choose 1080p/24fps for shooting videos because I hope to maintain a "film like" consistency. Sadly when I watch the videos on my 46" 1080p TV. There are visible artifacts or pixelations on the recording.

Changing the settings to 1080p/30fps however eliminates or at least reduces the artifacts.

Is this the same for other 1520 owners? Please share your observations.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
There's too many factors. Could be the players. Could be your computer converting the signal to some other frame rate, could be your TV not properly handling the signal from your computer.

Try and take the PC out of the equation? Toss the file on a USB and play it from your TV or Bluray player, as is? I don't know if your equipment is capable of that or not.

Getting 24hz out of a computer isn't always plug and play. Lots of ways it could get screwed up.

I can't even say for sure its not a bug with the device. I don't personally care to record in 24fps, its just too slow IMO. I honestly wish they'd give us an option to record in 50/60hz...

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
They are different, obviously, but that's not true they have nothing to do with each other. One is obviously the recording frame rate while the other I the displays refresh rate. There is a link.

There is not. The data transfer is in digital format, but I agree removing unnecessary devices and transfers could help detect where the problem is

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs