Should I sell Moto X (2014) for 1520?

jestevez1222

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Really tempted. Miss the phone so much and am excited where windows phone is going. Or should I just hold my horses and wait for who known when for the next flagship?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I love my 1520, I really do... but if I didn't have a 1520, and I was looking to upgrade then I would wait to see what MS releases in the fall. Worst scenario, the new flagships are just minor spec bumps and there's always the 1520 to fall back on.

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Get a good condition used 1520 as they're relatively cheap now. You can sell it off or give it to your close ones when the next gen WP devices come out. ;)

I've had my 1520 and it has aged beautifully!

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Really tempted. Miss the phone so much and am excited where windows phone is going. Or should I just hold my horses and wait for who known when for the next flagship?

How often do you change phones? Because I change multiple times a year. I picked up the 1520 knowing that they will have a new flagship in 6-8 months. But after using the 1520, I'm SURE I can wait a lot longer until I get another 5.5"+ screen with awesome specs. This phone is a MONSTER! LOVE IT! Battery life is absolutely fantastic. I don't have to worry about it AT ALL! Screen and camera are top notch. Build quality is AWESOME. I pick it up between the 930 and this one, they have very distinct feelings in hand, but all the same, the 1520 feels better and more "sturdy" even though the 930 is a million times better than any other phone. Probably the only other phone that I've held recently that felt solid were the Z2/Z3 from Sony. Good job Sony and Nokia for building solid feeling phones!

I'd say, if you change devices every 2-3 years, then wait. If you change devices like me, go for it.

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Moto makes nice phones. Moto X [2013,2014], Nexus 6 are all top notch Android hardware.
Have them all; currently using Lumia 1520 as my daily driver.
Nuff said.
My Lumia is a factory refurbished model. It should last until the promised SD 810 flagship is retailed.
Now with Lenovo, it will be interesting if Motorola makes a flagship Windows phone.
From my experience: seems they get the best reception, strongest signal in the business.

Last edited:

anon67808

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Moto X is a nice machine. If I had to choose, I'd be the black sheep here by saying I'd keep the X over the 1520. But that's just one man's opinion. Get what feels right to you

jestevez1222

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Yikes. Lots of great responses. Thanks! I'll have to look and see the prices since I haven't even began to do that.

Miss the camera, miss the battery, miss the awesomeness of windows phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss