What cases are you using? 1520 edition

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm writing to see what cases you guys are using on your 1520!

Post a picture or a link.

This phone is really slippery! I'm afraid to drop it, haha. So I'm thinking of buying an ultra slim, matte protector. They have a lot of them on AliExpress, or even on eBay.

I like incipio feather case, but shipping and cost is really too much for what it is. Meh.
Sound off in this thread! :D

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here on the amzer pudding case. Using it about a year already. Got it from one of the Windows central sale for 4.95

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the TPU Melody case, it's a giant pain in the *** to get on, but once its on, it looks nice!

WP_20150305_04_46_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20150305_04_45_47_Pro.jpg

WP_20150305_04_45_17_Pro.jpg

Amazon.com: TUDIA Ultra Slim Melody TPU Bumper Protective Case for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

EDIT: its funny seeing how bad the 925's pics look after getting used to the 1520's I used to think the 925's camera was god haha

Last edited:

anon67808

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Nillkin hard shell - black. May protect against scratches to the body but if this thing falls anything more than a couple feet, the screen is toast. Looks good, is thin but, offers no screen protection (ie: lip) at all.

I also have the Belkin leather foldable case but I don't use it because it is huge however, you could probably throw the phone from a moving car with that case and the phone would survive.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm writing to see what cases you guys are using on your 1520!

Post a picture or a link.

This phone is really slippery! I'm afraid to drop it, haha. So I'm thinking of buying an ultra slim, matte protector. They have a lot of them on AliExpress, or even on eBay.

I like incipio feather case, but shipping and cost is really too much for what it is. Meh.
Sound off in this thread! :D

My incipio feather case should be waiting for me at my office on Monday morning. I ordered it along with a "Bunker Ring" to make one handed typing better, plus works like a mini-stand.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Silver-Bunker-Holder-iPhone/dp/B00DI2OF12/ref=pd_bxgy_cps_img_y

Saw a colleague using the "i-ring" with his iPhone 6 (the big one) and was extremely impressed. I wanted to go w/ a hard case since I'm afraid the ring won't stick permanently to the TPU or other soft cases. I have a Mofi w/ a cover and soft TPU, both have worked fine.

[edit] I keep pasting in the silver one but WPCentral keeps linking to the gold one...rest assured I went silver ;-)

Last edited:

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I originally bought this one, which is a good case. My only issue is that the inner layer is more stiff and more plastic-like than most dual layer cases. Also, the buttons are a little harder to press than normal. Still, it's a pretty rugged and protective case that offers lots of grip protection. By the way, the case is very fitted on the 1520.
Amazon.com: JKase DIABLO Tough Rugged Dual Layer Protection Case Cover with Build in Stand for Nokia Lumia 1520 (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I decided I wanted a holster with a better rubber-like inner layer, so I got this one from eBay. I alternate between each, but I consider this one better than the other just for the rubber inner layer. As a bonus, you can also add a screen protector to the order.
For Nokia Lumia 1520 Rugged Hybrid Hard Case Cover Belt Clip Holster Kickstand | eBay

andrews240

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I initially used the Amzer Pudding soft gel case too. I bought the white one, and it got very dirty very fast. Now, I use the Nokia CP-623 case, purchased from the Microsoft store. (I cannot link yet)

It is very nice, thin, and also works as a landscape stand for the phone.

Big Papa Smurf

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Not sure of the brand( no markings) but its got a rubber layer that goes between a hard plastic shell and the phone. Has a kickstand. Works great, just wish it had a holster. Don't wanna break it in my pocket

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I've purchased six cases now of various types.

I keep taking it out of the case, it's just too beautiful on its own (I have the green one).

I'm careful with my tech so hopefully nothing will happen. I just can't find a case that does the phone justice.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
I just drilled two small holes into the case I listed earlier and attached a lanyard to it - looks like a proper camera now, and I love having the added protection a lanyard gives you.

dandrayan

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't want to hide my beautiful red device inside of a big ugly case, so I use a clear case instead: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3020395

The only drawback is that it eventually becomes cloudy and needs to be replaced, especially if you use wireless charging a lot. My last one was good for about 6 months before a noticeable brown/grey discoloration showed on the area where the Qi wireless coil is located.

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I have been using a nilkkin for a while. But after some time I realized that I love the design of the phone itself. So, I left it away and now I'm using no case :p

jbigelow

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Amzer pudding. I picked up two when they were on sale here a few weeks back, a white one and a black one. They work well in not bulking up an already large phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05