Is 1520 becoming faster with each update?

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Usually devices become slower with each update as the software becomes too much for the hardware. My iPad 2 became slower and slower and suffered from frequent reloading of safari pages and I stopped updating it after ios7.
1520 has become smoother after denim and camera has become blazing fast. Haven't felt like im using a one year old phone and after the update with new features and live folders it feels like new 👍 . Hoping this will be the case after windows 10 too
Sent from my NOKIA 1520 using Tapatalk

Paul Stasik

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 truly is a remarkable piece of hardware. It is very refreshing to own something that feels newer and better with time rather than the ramp-up of wanting the next newest toy.

There's still no other phone that would even begin to lure me away from the 1520. Maybe it's just fanboyism on my part but I am happy to finally be free of the upgrade cycle.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
That's because of Microsoft and Nokia.
They actually care about their phones and want to make them better with each upgrade, rather than just add more bloat.
The camera was the main goal for Denim, that's why it's so awesome now. I think W10 will do the same.

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I would not have believed it, but after getting Denim on my 1520, I can totally relate!!! The phone just feels slicker than before!!! Charges faster...seems to get better battery life...and the Camera op is - as has been said a number of times - is just that much faster. All in all, a great phone has become a even better one!

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The camera speed on denim is not compareable to cyan. The rest..well I guess it's nearly the same. Could be small optimizations.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The camera speed on denim is not compareable to cyan. The rest..well I guess it's nearly the same. Could be small optimizations.

I beg to differ.... One of the main things for Denim was camera speed. On my 1520 it's almost instantaneous....

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I beg to differ.... One of the main things for Denim was camera speed. On my 1520 it's almost instantaneous....

Well that's what I meant. You didn't understand me. The camera is really improved in denim, and you just can't compare Denim and Cyan because Denim blows Cyan away.
My HK L1520 is still on Cyan and it takes about 3-4-5 seconds to open Nokia Camera. Can't wait so they push out Denim for HK.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
The 1520 is a remarkable phone. Phone users who eagerly read about every new Snapdragon SoC that Qualcomm releases will find it to be outdated, but the actual real world performance of the 1520 is just phenomenal. I've owned mine since October, and I am still surprised by the difference in performance over my previous 920.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The 1520 is a remarkable phone. Phone users who eagerly read about every new Snapdragon SoC that Qualcomm releases will find it to be outdated, but the actual real world performance of the 1520 is just phenomenal. I've owned mine since October, and I am still surprised by the difference in performance over my previous 920.

Hell, I've owned FASTER devices (the Xperia Z2 and LG G3, both with 801 processors and more ram) and yet, I still find the 1520 super fast :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos