The title is the first question. And if you can use a stylus with the 1520, do you have any suggestions on pens?

I would like to have one, I think, for some note taking or drawing for my son when he borrows it. Also, we have a Toshiba Encore 2 (non-Write) and would like it for that as well.

I can just see a lot of potential with it on my phone.
    noersetiawan likes this.
    03-12-2015 01:24 AM
    You can use a capacitive pen, or was you meaning a 'proper' (intelligent) stylus like on the SP3 etc?
    03-12-2015 03:14 AM
    I use a pen from Macally as a stylus. Bought it for a friend, but ended up keeping it formyself somehow.

penpalduob_00.jpg
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-12-2015 06:27 AM
    The answer is you can use the fat, squishy pad type that looks like a black eraser... You can not use the fine point type such as Surface Pro has...

capture.jpg
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-12-2015 09:33 AM
    It's possible to use a stylus, like for every other touch pannel, but I don't think there is any app that allows you to take note by "writing" without using the classic touch keyboard... At least One Note does not on smartphone.
    03-12-2015 10:24 AM
    You can make one yourself. Use aluminum foil (I cut into shape the foil off a yogurt cup). You can fix it on a pen, pencil, anything that you're comfortable holding in your hands. The tips are much smaller than fat tipped styli. Just make sure to turn on "high" sensitivity.
    03-12-2015 10:41 AM
    Thanks. I thought it was possible with the non-fancy touch screen stylus pens.

What apps do you all use with a stylus, I wonder?
    03-13-2015 05:51 PM
    It's possible to use a stylus, like for every other touch pannel, but I don't think there is any app that allows you to take note by "writing" without using the classic touch keyboard... At least One Note does not on smartphone.
    I use a app called InNote for writing notes. I wish the phone version of OneNote supported pen mode.
    After inking your note in InNote, just "share" it to OneNote.
    weaverly likes this.
    03-14-2015 09:09 PM
    I use a app called InNote for writing notes. I wish the phone version of OneNote supported pen mode.
    After inking your note in InNote, just "share" it to OneNote.
    Thanks! Got some cheapo ones from Amazon the other day. Trying them out. Playing with Papyrus a little, it's pretty nifty. Agree 100% about OneNote, but Windows 10 app version will have it, based on early screenshots and such. Love the idea of writing notes in InNote and sharing to OneNote. Will check that out.
    03-23-2015 05:35 PM
    The title is the first question. And if you can use a stylus with the 1520, do you have any suggestions on pens?

I would like to have one, I think, for some note taking or drawing for my son when he borrows it. Also, we have a Toshiba Encore 2 (non-Write) and would like it for that as well.

I can just see a lot of potential with it on my phone.
    You can use one.But remember the tip should be thick and turn on the touch sensitivity to high before using a styles
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-26-2015 06:34 AM