Should I sell 930 for 1520?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So I have a orange 930. Hotness! I love it's size, screen, camera, and overall build quality. What I don't like in the no LTE. Now I bought the phone like that knowing that would be the case. Still knowing is different than experiencing. The lag is really bothering me and I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Before that I had a 1520 and LOVED it. The only reason I moved on was I had one with the tap screen issue. And it was pretty large though I find myself missing the largeness sometimes. I'm seriously thinking about going back to the 1520.

Should I do it? I'm torn here.
Sent from my Lumia 930

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
As a 1520 owner myself... Go for it. I am very happy with my 1520 since 2013 when I purchased this beast.

Made up my mind. I'm doing it. I loved the 1520 :). Now I have to decide to spend the extra do for an international version with Qi Wireless. Once you have wireless charging its hard to go back honestly.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I know what you mean, I had a L920 briefly with Qi charging and luved it, I modded a glass bedside table with the Qi charger taped under the glass table and it STILL CHARGED MY PHONE WITH NO PROBLEMS! so then I bought a L1520 AT&T version with no wireless charging and missed the charging so badly that I went and bought the L1520 international version with the Qi charging and LUVING the wireless charging again! thankfully I got a great deal on it and now I have 2 L1520 to use! LOL

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I know what you mean, I had a L920 briefly with Qi charging and luved it, I modded a glass bedside table with the Qi charger taped under the glass table and it STILL CHARGED MY PHONE WITH NO PROBLEMS! so then I bought a L1520 AT&T version with no wireless charging and missed the charging so badly that I went and bought the L1520 international version with the Qi charging and LUVING the wireless charging again! thankfully I got a great deal on it and now I have 2 L1520 to use! LOL

Yeah my 930 currently has it and I love it.

I think most people don't really understand how great it is.

Like all those iPhone users.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Colors do you have? I had a yellow 1520 and now I'm thinking about Matte Black. There seem to be lots of red phones out but I dunno about the gloss. And the white just doesn't do it for me.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, what are your current data speeds? If your already around 3Mbps without LTE, you wont notice a whole lot except on large files. Everyone loves to brag they get +20Mbps LTE, but for most things you don't need anywhere near that speed on a phone.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Colors do you have? I had a yellow 1520 and now I'm thinking about Matte Black. There seem to be lots of red phones out but I dunno about the gloss. And the white just doesn't do it for me.

my AT&T is black and my international one is yellow! not crazy about the yellow color but I got such a good deal and it was in such MINT (like brand new) condition and I wanted the Qi wireless charging that I couldn't pass up on it... so I got it. happy that I did too!

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, what are your current data speeds? If your already around 3Mbps without LTE, you wont notice a whole lot except on large files. Everyone loves to brag they get +20Mbps LTE, but for most things you don't need anywhere near that speed on a phone.

Not sure. Here is all I know. ALL my streaming video lags. And connection to internet is much slower. Never had this problem before on 1520.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

on my international 4G L1520 I'm getting 60Mbps close to the towers but on my AT&T LTE I was getting 97Mbps :shocked:

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
wow that's super duper really slow, but maybe your phone isn't set up properly or something? it can't be your cell provider can it?

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
wow that's super duper really slow, but maybe your phone isn't set up properly or something? it can't be your cell provider can it?

Nope... My phone settings are what they've always been. And my there placed I go are the same as with my 1520. I knew moving to this was a risk but I didn't know how much. My wife calls me a phone junkie! Oh well...back to the 1520. Sad caused I liked this phone. Though the edges do hurt the hand kinda when holding for a while.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
well what is the original carrier that it was locked too? and what are you using it on now? maybe you just have to goto the settings and set the VPN I think it's called.. that's what I had to do with my L920... it doesn't make sense your L930 cant get good speeds like the L1520... but honestly I think the L1520 is a better phone IMHO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb