06-17-2015 03:24 PM
70 123
tools
    I believe you are on to something here... I am not having ghosting at all.... at least so far. Happy to say the least. I will end up turning down the sensitivity to normal just because my gloves have not worked so well with them and I am now coming into the warmer months.

Thanks again. I really think this is where the ghosting bug is ... but Let me allow this test to complete, lol.
    Well.. Turning off the double-tap worked... Not one single ghost touch since... The sensitivity is still set to night.

No need for exchange or anything... Phone perfect now.
    HeyCori likes this.
    04-26-2015 12:22 AM
    Nice!
    04-26-2015 12:43 AM
    Well.. Turning off the double-tap worked... Not one single ghost touch since... The sensitivity is still set to night.

No need for exchange or anything... Phone perfect now.
    I went thru the same thing, testing different combinations of settings (OFF / ON) to resolve the problem, with some temporary success.
    Ultimately, I waited too long & my warranty expired, thus I had to pay for the new digitizer. It fixed the issue (@ least so far) & I'm chalking this up to lessons learned & hope it continues to work.

For those with success, hope it holds ... I think there were possibly several issues lumped together, some software conflicts, some hardware (digitizer / touch screen). For the brave, attempt some graphics intensive task (Angry Birds, HD video, etc) on the device, that was always my waterloo.

BTW- current settings:
    - Haptic feedback on Nav keys = ON
    - Double tap to wake = OFF, never really liked that
    - Hey Cortana = trained & ON
    - Touch sensitivity = Normal
    - Glance screen = ON (peek) with Weather displayed
    - Vibrate = ON, that's attached ?? to the digitizer back
    HeyCori likes this.
    04-26-2015 09:31 AM
    Just got my phone back from repair (Been in my possession for less than an hour). I originally sent it in to fix 3 small problems.

1. The phantom touch / incorrect touch response problem.
    2. Speaker was kinda iffy. Didn't always sound all that great
    3. The light underneath the back button would go dimmer than the other two or shut off completely.

I installed a screen protector and fired up my phone when I got it back. At first it seemed that everything was fixed. A few minutes later I noticed that the Windows button light was now dimmer than the others and started going out seemingly randomly. I removed the screen protector just to see if that had anything to do with it. After I took that off the problem went away.

Has anyone else experienced any problems like that? It seems that light problem is being caused by a screen protector. I am using a Zagg InvisibleShield Case Friendly Screen Protector (wet apply).

It's too early on for me to tell if the other two problems are fixed. Will update when I have been using the device again for a while.

Thanks

Nathan
    04-29-2015 05:15 PM
    Just got my phone back from repair (Been in my possession for less than an hour). I originally sent it in to fix 3 small problems.

1. The phantom touch / incorrect touch response problem.
    2. Speaker was kinda iffy. Didn't always sound all that great
    3. The light underneath the back button would go dimmer than the other two or shut off completely.

I installed a screen protector and fired up my phone when I got it back. At first it seemed that everything was fixed. A few minutes later I noticed that the Windows button light was now dimmer than the others and started going out seemingly randomly. I removed the screen protector just to see if that had anything to do with it. After I took that off the problem went away.

Has anyone else experienced any problems like that? It seems that light problem is being caused by a screen protector. I am using a Zagg InvisibleShield Case Friendly Screen Protector (wet apply).

It's too early on for me to tell if the other two problems are fixed. Will update when I have been using the device again for a while.

Thanks

Nathan
    I turns out there isn't any actual correlation between the screen protector and the button light going out. I am probably just going to have to send the phone back in again. Was hoping I wouldn't have to do that again.
    04-30-2015 11:21 AM
    After a full week with my Lumia 1520 (w new digitizer) the problems appear to be GONE.

No phantom touch, Cortana launch, keyboard / Nav key lockup ... like a new phone. I have Nav key haptic feedback ON, installed Gestures beta, have Glance screen ON, put my Fosman skin case back on, NO flexing / NO issues.

For all those with this issue, have PALCO fix it under warranty, rather than returning it.
    AFTER 2 full weeks with my Lumia 1520 (w NEW digitizer), I can state the phone is perfect, again.

NO phantom touches, NO lockups of screen or Nav keys ... waiting for a stable build of Windows 10 for mobile. So far it's rather meh on my Lumia 635 - preparing to install a stable build to my PC.

For all those seeing cracked screen Lumia 1520, if you can get it cheap enough & the rest of the device works - a good solution could be having the screen replaced by PALCO if justified ($$$). If I could get it for under $100. (plus the $219 for Palco to repair the screen), I'd go for it. The used, mint devices may develop issues, if they haven't already.

BTW - as ref'd before, the vibrator motor is attached to the back of the digitizer, might be worthwhile for those w issues, to turn OFF vibrate.
    05-01-2015 12:16 PM
    No issues so far after 10days, digitizer replaced on 23rd Apr
    HeyCori likes this.
    05-02-2015 03:10 AM
    Im having the same problems aswell now :-(
    05-10-2015 04:58 PM
    Im having the same problems aswell now :-(
    IF under warranty, I'd suggest invoking warranty repair for phantom touch issues (replacing digitizer seems to work) ...

Alternatively, take it to an authorized Nokia / Microsoft repair service for digitizer replacement. I'm hearing MS will replace the phone for cost of two year warranty ($99.) + $50 for replacement. YMMV. Back it up, before you visit the store, you can then restore the replacement device from backup.

Three weeks + in & my phone works like new, NO issues.
    nrimolde likes this.
    05-10-2015 05:57 PM
    IF under warranty, I'd suggest invoking warranty repair for phantom touch issues (replacing digitizer seems to work) ...

Alternatively, take it to an authorized Nokia / Microsoft repair service for digitizer replacement. I'm hearing MS will replace the phone for cost of two year warranty ($99.) + $50 for replacement. YMMV. Back it up, before you visit the store, you can then restore the replacement device from backup.

Three weeks + in & my phone works like new, NO issues.
    Ill do that thanks.
    05-11-2015 04:02 AM
    I have a new lumia 1520, and works awesome but im worried about this issue. Its a common problem about 1520, how can I avoid this kind of problem.? TIA
    05-11-2015 08:40 AM
    In general try to keep it in a hard case and try not to bend it too much.
    05-11-2015 09:44 AM
    In general try to keep it in a hard case and try not to bend it too much.

Good advice ^^^, but

I, for the most part, holstered my Lumia 1520, very rarely in my back pocket, & then, not tight jeans / pants. It still cropped up ...

IF it does start (assuming new Lumia 1520 w warranty), get it in for warranty service ASAP.

FWIW: vibra motor is attached to back of LCD assembly (I believe taped / glued), IF you can do without vibrate, turn it OFF. Don't know if that will have any impact, but, better safe than sorry.
    05-11-2015 12:33 PM
    Noted guys. Thank you :)
    05-12-2015 06:08 AM
    No issues after digitizer replacement
    05-13-2015 12:30 AM
    After repairs I am no longer having the touch issues. However I would like to make it known that I am very unhappy with the repair service. When I got it back the first time the light underneath the Windows Key was not working properly. I sent it in a second time to find out now that the light problem was now fixed but I have dead pixels on the screen.

Seems like they can't fix something without breaking something else. I hope it is just me having some bad luck and that this is not the experience all Microsoft customers experience.
    05-13-2015 03:08 PM
    Have the same problem with my L930. My care center don t wont to fix the problem under warranty, because i cause the "phantom touches" :s
    05-21-2015 08:16 AM
    I finally had enough with the phantom taps, got a reply from PALCO ...
    I seem to have joined this illustrious club recently and am thinking of sending it in for a digitizer replacement, just wanted to check if your device is the 1520.3. Thanks.
    06-17-2015 12:35 PM
    I seem to have joined this illustrious club recently and am thinking of sending it in for a digitizer replacement, just wanted to check if your device is the 1520.3. Thanks.
    NO, AT&T model 1520.2 (RM-940)
    06-17-2015 03:22 PM
    NO, AT&T model 1520.2 (RM-940)
    Thanks. I guess I'll check with them first since I will be paying for the repair but it seems it'll be worth it for a perfect 1520.
    06-17-2015 03:24 PM
70 123