I took a photo yesterday of a flower display, looked at the result-I wasn't happy with it! The following day I noticed that I hadn't taken it with my Lumia Camera Classic, but with Microsoft Camera which MS had made the default camera without my knowledge.
    I can definitely state that the Lumia's results are far superior to the Microsoft's. They installed a large update yesterday so that is when it must have changed! Check your cameras!
    03-19-2015 03:55 AM
    I took a photo yesterday of a flower display, looked at the result-I wasn't happy with it! The following day I noticed that I hadn't taken it with my Lumia Camera Classic, but with Microsoft Camera which MS had made the default camera without my knowledge.
    I can definitely state that the Lumia's results are far superior to the Microsoft's. They installed a large update yesterday so that is when it must have changed! Check your cameras!
    The differences between Microsoft Camera and Lumia Camera have been well-known; some of those differences can be read in these fora, such as in this thread. One of the main differences is the resolution of the image, whereas Microsoft Camera only takes 5MP photos while Lumia Camera utilizes the full resolution of the sensor (for a given aspect ratio).. that is if your phone has a sensor that is much larger than 5MP.
    Last edited by gpobernardo; 03-22-2015 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Made the hyperlink more visible
    RumoredNow and jfavellanedab like this.
    03-19-2015 08:15 AM
    Thanks for that reply!
    Harrie-S and gpobernardo like this.
    03-21-2015 04:06 AM
    Is Microsoft Camera called that under apps? I don't have "Microsoft Camera" but I do have "Camera" and want to know if that's the same thing or not? TIA
    03-22-2015 09:32 AM
    Is Microsoft Camera called that under apps? I don't have "Microsoft Camera" but I do have "Camera" and want to know if that's the same thing or not? TIA
    Microsoft Camera is just "Camera" in the app list. However, newer phones no longer have this (such as the L535), so it won't be in the app list of newer phones.
    03-22-2015 10:12 AM
    Microsoft Camera is just "Camera" in the app list. However, newer phones no longer have this (such as the L535), so it won't be in the app list of newer phones.
    Thanks. I will uninstall it from my 1520.3 and hope it stays that way.

Update:

Never mind; there is no option to uninstall, only "pin to start". :(
    gpobernardo likes this.
    03-22-2015 10:22 AM
    Thanks. I will uninstall it from my 1520.3 and hope it stays that way.

Update:

Never mind; there is no option to uninstall, only "pin to start". :(
    Not that this matters, but on my 1520.3 (RM-938), (Microsoft) "Camera" isn't in the program list. Maybe/probably I uninstalled somewhere along the line.

The point is: Why is yours and mine different on the same device?
    03-23-2015 07:28 PM
    There has been a similar discussion on this in this thread.
    03-24-2015 04:33 AM