Battery Issue after Denim update

tejazz

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
If you can get it done at a Nokia Care (or its local equivalent), you will get a 6 month warranty on the new battery, which you won't get if you get it done at a non authorized place or if you buy a new one and install it yourself.

mrshots

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Problem is I don't know where the nearest one is, I tried using the ms finder thing but it won't tell me what's nearest, just if it is near or not, so currently 'no results' just need the nearest... Searched on here maps and it says 'nokia' is 4 hours away... And I don't even know if that's a care point...

mrshots

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Ah I see a close one - I broadened it to 'united kingdom' and saw one that is 1 hour 40 minutes away, everywhere else is 4 hours away, so my best bet is there: 'cellphones' so all I'll need is something like ?30 (pounds)

mrshots

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I used the charger that came with the phone since 2 months ago, but the problem was before that. The charger has now lost its life, so I am using a different one.

Haven't got the battery yet, I have school so I'll have to wait for the term to end or something.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
@tejazz: That is disappointing to hear, my last option I was hoping for would be the reset using the Lumia Software Recovery Tool. To hear it's even worse, that's quite ridiculous. "Ultra-expensive paperweight" is exactly it.

@mrshots: It's surely beginning to appear like this is more of a software issue more than anything...UNLESS Denim damaged the battery with all of the reboots and false battery readings, then we're stuck with OS and hardware issue.

@myoujin: You have a Lumia 1520? You feel comfortable replacing the battery if so? Let us know how it works out :)

I suggest that we get some traction going on the MSFT support forums, someone at Microsoft needs to make note of this issue and have a fix in place. But at the same time, I don't see myself waiting a year for Windows 10 and AT&T to approve next update just to be able to use my phone normally. Can any of you go through the trouble of posting on that thread I linked, just to get the thread bumped and hopefully a MSFT-affiliated agent to respond?

Yesterday I got my new battery after wait for 30days. Bought it at Ebay.
I bought bundle with tools (screw driver, plastic tools etc).
Quite easy to open my phone and replace the battery. Now working like charm. :D

No more auto shutdown when using web browser and camera.

DSC01986.JPGDSC01985.JPG

mrshots

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Lately my battery has got better on its own, not recovered, but definitely better. It switches off at 30 now. I have not got the battery yet.

Myoujin: Happy to hear it, 2 people is better than one proof wise.

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
This is update after change battery. For your information my phone won't charge 100% until now. Max is about 83%. I don't know why. Already reflash to 8.1 but still same. Currently using W10TP. Last week want to drain until 0% but it shutdown when 2%. After boot back still have 2% but I can manage to play game about 30minutes with 2% battery and still not reduce to 0%.

mrshots

May 8, 2014
Visit site
When the battery was fine, it switched off at 3% for me. It's normal to stop the battery from getting damaged. I am concerned with what you have said... Keep me posted :/

myoujin

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The problem is like it still has 20% battery but indicator show 2%. That's why cannot charge 100% although over night charge. :(

albertico

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I got my new battery after wait for 30days. Bought it at Ebay.
I bought bundle with tools (screw driver, plastic tools etc).
Quite easy to open my phone and replace the battery. Now working like charm. :D

No more auto shutdown when using web browser and camera.

View attachment 104531View attachment 104532

Microsoft graciously replaced my phone, but was it really that easy to open up the device? Another friend recently dropped his Lumia 1520 in water and I've been curious about opening it up and cleaning up the insides, but it seems like a daunting task.

ohlumia

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Want to thank everyone here for pointing to a new battery. I had battery issues as well and ordered a replacement from ebay, the phone is back to giving me 2 days of battery life....
Nokia really built crap Lumia hardware, phantom touches, dead battery after 1 year, dust in phones, microphone issues... the hardware on these phones is hopeless...

Samgh

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I finally after finding no other option had the battery replaced at a Nokia Care Centre. This was done a month ago and have been using the phone quite heavily. I must say am very happy with the performance of the battery and its back to how it was when i had bought the phone. Ofcourse it has set back my pocket but then if I had to make good use of the phone I had to shell out the money.
One full charge now lasts me for 1.5 days with good amout of surfing, watching youtube, playing games and most important for me taking multiple snaps. Lets see for how long the good times last.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb