Possible heating ?

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello fellows ladies and gentlemans, i do have a concern to ask a community.
I just got Lumia 1520.1 32gb and i experience heating, a bit problems in area of sd/sim card.
I just booted up phone and restore my old settings and files from Lumia 735 and downloading at this moment but it seem it heating up in that area.
Should i be worried or that is normal because all task doing all of the suden ?
My common sence said that if whole back of the phone heat that is battery problem, and display should be warm then...but no, just that place around SD card.
Confort me, please!

John O1

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I had a problem with my 1520 overheating when on standby, I did two things to remedy what I suspected was causing the problem, I stopped storing apps on the sd card and I changed the sd card which I think was a counterfeit that I had bought on ebay. I now have no overheating problems whatsoever, what did the trick I'm not sure.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello fellows ladies and gentlemans, i do have a concern to ask a community.
I just got Lumia 1520.1 32gb and i experience heating, a bit problems in area of sd/sim card.
I just booted up phone and restore my old settings and files from Lumia 735 and downloading at this moment but it seem it heating up in that area.
Should i be worried or that is normal because all task doing all of the suden ?
My common sence said that if whole back of the phone heat that is battery problem, and display should be warm then...but no, just that place around SD card.
Confort me, please!

Also when first syncing the L1520 for the first time you will experience a heating until everything settles and everything is finished. After that it shouldn't heat up unless your playing a heavy game or intensive app then of course its normal to have a little heating... if your device is still over heating then it might be like what john said and you have a counterfeit card which is pretty rampant nowadays! Give it a little time to see if your device levels out to normality.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I did that too. I stored all my files on phone and remove sd card completly.
I still experience heating problems when playing game or even use some application like ,,What's app'' or even ,,lumia camera''
I assume it's just the way it is. Phone who have 3,400 horese power, 6'' display and cpu which is faster then my pc and it's from oct 2013 run 2015 softwares and apps is obviously gonna heat.. but not so much.
My standby is ok, heat when launch app or browsing web , after i quit my temperature stabilise.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't experience any heating until I'm gaming or using an intensive app like Skype which has to draw from the camera, wifi/data and so obviously it will get hot... that's normal like you said.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro