So I got a red 1520 and its in a nillkin case which I like for the most part but I don't like how the corners aren't reinforced. I ordered myself an OEM flip case because of the corners on it but as far as I can tell, the camera is basically exposed? Could anybody clarify this for me whom own one? I don't want to get it and have the camera element get destroyed if the case is flush when setting it down. I ordered glass screen protectors for it as well but I'm kind of spooked about them with the curved screen. I've read a lot of people saying they dropped it a mere foot or so and it broke
    03-25-2015 10:57 PM
    This is how the camera lens is with the official flip case. It's a hair lower than the case so if you place it on the table, the lens won't touch. Might even be lower for you because I have a lens protector on.

uploadfromtaptalk1427362099204.jpg
    03-26-2015 05:28 AM
    So I got a red 1520 and its in a nillkin case which I like for the most part but I don't like how the corners aren't reinforced. I ordered myself an OEM flip case because of the corners on it but as far as I can tell, the camera is basically exposed? Could anybody clarify this for me whom own one? I don't want to get it and have the camera element get destroyed if the case is flush when setting it down. I ordered glass screen protectors for it as well but I'm kind of spooked about them with the curved screen. I've read a lot of people saying they dropped it a mere foot or so and it broke
    It broke,REALLY?I dont believe that it broke.Nothing happened to mine it has fallen even on INDIAN ROADS.But if thrown with a great impact it could break.ANd in most lumias the camera is usually exposed.
    03-26-2015 07:29 AM
    By any chance, do you remember where you go the lens protector.

This is how the camera lens is with the official flip case. It's a hair lower than the case so if you place it on the table, the lens won't touch. Might even be lower for you because I have a lens protector on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1427362099204.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	651.3 KB 
ID:	100488
    03-26-2015 01:05 PM
    For what it's worth, I dropped my first 1520 about 18 inches onto a ceramic tile floor and it shattered the screen. They're not unbreakable. It appears that a blow from the corner is particularly risky.
    03-26-2015 02:19 PM
    Gross, that's exactly what I'm trying to prevent with the OEM case. That camera cut out this is a but sketchy and I feel it would do no good for the lens.

For what it's worth, I dropped my first 1520 about 18 inches onto a ceramic tile floor and it shattered the screen. They're not unbreakable. It appears that a blow from the corner is particularly risky.
    03-26-2015 02:57 PM
    By any chance, do you remember where you go the lens protector.

It came with my nillkin tempered glass which I tried out last year. Really bad cutout for the glass but it came with 2 pieces of lens protectors
    03-26-2015 06:10 PM
    Much appreciated! I was looking at those when I bought mine. I saw on their site their ugly cuts on the bottom that taper in, strange to me. I ordered from a Canadian company called inskin. Hopefully these guys are rarely decent.

It came with my nillkin tempered glass which I tried out last year. Really bad cutout for the glass but it came with 2 pieces of lens protectors
    03-26-2015 07:25 PM
    I'd pay good cabbage for an Otterbox for the 1520.
    03-26-2015 07:46 PM
    That would be awesome. I was hoping they'd make one because I work on construction sites but naturally of coarse they don't. The other options are just gross looking hahah

I'd pay good cabbage for an Otterbox for the 1520.
    03-26-2015 09:18 PM
    That would be awesome. I was hoping they'd make one because I work on construction sites but naturally of coarse they don't. The other options are just gross looking hahah
    ... and an Otter Box case isn't - that's why they make different cases. I use a Fosman slim fit TPU case. It protects the corners, raises the screen (& the camera lens) off a flat surface AND most importantly, adds grip to the device. I remember seeing a three element case (similar in looks to an Otter Box) on eBay or Amazon.

IF I were you, I'd spend some time on either, you'll get a thousand hits, narrowing down for protection & appearance. You should find something suitable ...
    BUT, I'd not carry it naked - too slippery & unprotected.

BTW - my phone w case fits into a holster I bought for it (w a very protective silicon & hard case combo), that is I use the holster (~~ 90% of the time), have the case in reserve.

Good Luck.
    cure92 likes this.
    03-27-2015 03:54 PM
    Here is the case I have for my 1520. It protects the camera lens very well when you lay it down. I've dropped it a few times and have came out unscathed. I'm sure if its dropped just right it will crack the lens though. Just depends on how it hits. Overall, I am very happy with this case. It doesn't make the phone that much bigger than it already is. I got the black case and really like how it protects my 1520.

NGP Nokia Lumia 1520 Cases | Best Nokia Lumia 1520 Cases | Incipio

nk-179-mer_b.jpg
    Eustis99 and cure92 like this.
    03-31-2015 02:34 PM