Low call volume

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
My mom has a 1520 and every time she calls I can barely hear her but she can hear me quite well. Same thing happens when she calls others and they all complain they can hardly hear her. After 5 or 6 secs into the call the volume gets a little louder but not as loud as it should be. She even set it to full level at 10. I asked her to connect a headset/earphones while on the call and that actually helped and the volume was loud and clear but as soon as she unplugs the earphones, the volume drops to a very low level. I haven't reset it for her yet because she lives 300 miles away and I don't have time to make a 600 mile round trip this month, so any advice or suggestions?

Thanks!

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
My mom has a 1520 and every time she calls I can barely hear her but she can hear me quite well. Same thing happens when she calls others and they all complain they can hardly hear her. After 5 or 6 secs into the call the volume gets a little louder but not as loud as it should be. She even set it to full level at 10. I asked her to connect a headset/earphones while on the call and that actually helped and the volume was loud and clear but as soon as she unplugs the earphones, the volume drops to a very low level. I haven't reset it for her yet because she lives 300 miles away and I don't have time to make a 600 mile round trip this month, so any advice or suggestions?

Thanks!

It's a hardware issue

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It's only 5 months old and she still has the Microsoft store receipt. I guess she will have to go get a replacement. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077