Installed App has disappeared?

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I installed this app from the Windows Phone Store: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/ringtones/a960967e-9bf7-42ce-95d8-f404110e5c8b

I didn't even mean to but, bumped the install button. Since I couldn't stop it in time, the phone finished installing it. As soon as it was done it disappeared from the list of apps. The store still tells me it is installed but, I can't see it anywhere else. Not the apps list or Storage Sense.

How would I go about getting rid of the app?

Thanks

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I installed this app from the Windows Phone Store: https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/ringtones/a960967e-9bf7-42ce-95d8-f404110e5c8b

I didn't even mean to but, bumped the install button. Since I couldn't stop it in time, the phone finished installing it. As soon as it was done it disappeared from the list of apps. The store still tells me it is installed but, I can't see it anywhere else. Not the apps list or Storage Sense.

How would I go about getting rid of the app?

Thanks

It is possible that the app name changed after installation. Some apps do this, like "VLC for Windows Phone" which renames itself to just "VLC" after installation. At any rate, you should see a "new" if your app was installed successfully in your phone -this may be tricky to spot especially if you've got a lot of apps installed.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
It is possible that the app name changed after installation. Some apps do this, like "VLC for Windows Phone" which renames itself to just "VLC" after installation. At any rate, you should see a "new" if your app was installed successfully in your phone -this may be tricky to spot especially if you've got a lot of apps installed.

Thanks for the reply but, I already looked everywhere cause I figured the name may be different. I have looked through all of the lists a dozen times. It simply is not there. I think something went wrong during the install.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply but, I already looked everywhere cause I figured the name may be different. I have looked through all of the lists a dozen times. It simply is not there. I think something went wrong during the install.

I see. Well, if it's not there, then it's not there.:cool:

You could try re-installing the app from the store and watch closely what happens. You could try either from the Store app or from your computer. If the app still disappears, you could try restarting your phone and then check the app list or attempt to re-install once more.

You can try installing other apps and see if they disappear - if they do (and if you have set them to install on your SD Card by default), then there may be a problem with your SD Card.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm unable to reinstall the app because I can't delete it. I don't know for sure that it is installed but there are some files on my SD card that match the app's string from the Windows Phone website. The store thinks it is installed regardless and since that's the case I can't reinstall it.

Right now I am moving all of my apps from my sd card to phone memory, I'll then reformat the card. Hopefully that will clear everything up.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Go to store, settings, then history? It should show up there then you should be able to click view or uninstall.

My issue is different than that. Not to sound rude but, I have been using Windows Phone for a long time and had already tried that. When I would press the view button for this app it would simply pan back to the start screen. The app is literally unseen by anything in the OS except the Store.

A very strange issue for sure. Thanks for your reply

I found a fix that would work in 50% of situations. I was lucky. I had the app installed on my SD card. I moved all of my apps to the phone's memory then wiped the SD card. Since this "installed" app didn't show up there it remained on the SD card until I wiped it. After that it stopped showing up in the store and was totally uninstalled now. I don't know if that bug was specific to this app or just a random bug that showed up in Windows Phone. Either way I hope it gets fixed.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm unable to reinstall the app because I can't delete it. I don't know for sure that it is installed but there are some files on my SD card that match the app's string from the Windows Phone website. The store thinks it is installed regardless and since that's the case I can't reinstall it.

Right now I am moving all of my apps from my sd card to phone memory, I'll then reformat the card. Hopefully that will clear everything up.

That is strange - resembles some form of installation corruption. You should probably have the health of your SD card checked. It could be time for you to purchase a new SD Card. My SD Card in my L535 is already failing (I am in the process of moving all my apps from my SD Card to my phone, and then move them back to a new SD Card). However, the SD Card is preventing me from installing any new app - write protected to prevent further damage.

Let us know what you find as it will be helpful to those who may encounter the same issue in the future. :cool:

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
That is strange - resembles some form of installation corruption. You should probably have the health of your SD card checked. It could be time for you to purchase a new SD Card. My SD Card in my L535 is already failing (I am in the process of moving all my apps from my SD Card to my phone, and then move them back to a new SD Card). However, the SD Card is preventing me from installing any new app - write protected to prevent further damage.

Let us know what you find as it will be helpful to those who may encounter the same issue in the future. :cool:

Seems like it was a fluke. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my SD card. I would sure hope that there wouldn't be. I've only had this card for a month or two.

jonathanmarston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm experiencing this same issue with Age of Empires Castle Siege. The game is definitely still installed, because I can launch it from notifications that I've been attacked, but it has disappeared from the all apps list so I can't launch it normally. I also can't uninstall it because it doesn't show up in storage sense.

Very strange bug...

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
bca50a496a63e1ed1eaaa9abb13e992b.png
I think apps doing that need to be updated I have apps installed but their icons are erased and they wont run. if I reinstall them they work for a few times and eventually does the same thing

Multishare and unishare for example

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/12/bca50a496a63e1ed1eaaa9abb13e992b.pngI think apps doing that need to be updated I have apps installed but their icons are erased and they wont run. if I reinstall them they work for a few times and eventually does the same thing

Multishare and unishare for example

This was NOT the case in my situation. The app that I had installed by mistake had not been updated in years. Its icon was simply missing everywhere. The only part of the OS that even recognized it was installed was the store. I still have no idea what happened for that to go wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss