Finally ordered a 1520.3

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

I have been looking at Lumia 1520 since the day it released. I kept on visiting this forum often to see what is going on with 1520. I even ordered 1520.3 once before and cancelled it since I changed my mind because my lumia 920 and 1020 was working very well. But Few days back, I cracked the screen of my 920 and my 1020 camera started getting bad. For some reason the photos from my 1020 started becoming blurry. So I decided to switch to Galaxy Not Edge and I even posted in the switching forum in WPCENTRAL. But, after going to AT&T store and looking at this beast, my mind changed :smile:. I came home and saw a credit card offer in my mail for 250$ cash back if I spend 1000$. So immediately I ordered a 1520.3 yellow one because I have lot of wireless charging accessories. My bad luck that BHphoto video is closed for a week and I wont have this in my hand till next weekend :cry:

I am happy that I am getting a new camera because my 1020 camera sucks now. I am also happy that it has expandable memory, lumia denim and better processor. Only worry I have is that, nokia doesn't exist anymore and I am not sure how the support for this device is and I see lot of problems about touch in this forum. I also feel one end that I should wait for the flagship. I am also not sure what will happen to 1520 when windows 10 comes out. Will it out date fast? Or will windows 10 demand better hardware so 1520 will start lagging and get outdated? Please tell me what you all think. I still have a week to cancel my order. I really want this phone but these things are running in my mind.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I went from a 920 to the 1520. I have to say I'm pleased with it...more than I thought I would. The only thing I want is for this phone to be just a tad more narrow because as big as my hands are, unlocking the phone with one hand put the phone in a more precarious position than I like. But beyond that, its perfect.

If you read blogs, RSS feeds and such, pick up this app called DailyAha. It has nice page turns but what I discovered by accident is if you turn the phone side ways, (landscape) the app flips to show a 3 column view of the news. And it has a nicer page turn as well. Congrats on your purchase.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Congrats nynamya! I had a 920 which went south as far as email and calendar and bought the 1520 in black from the ATT store for 99.00 About a month later I charged up the 920 and miraculously it worked just fine. I love the size of the 1520 and its easier on the eyes. with the big screen. I'm waiting to see what phones come out with W10M but I'm thinking if ATT can get the 640 XL with the China specs that would be a great economy phablet device at 5.7 inches screen size.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
That's great news, buddy; expecialy because we were in same boat. I was 735 owner and wanted 1520 so badly, now i have 1520.1 and i'm just amazed with it!

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but I read in one of the forums here that keeping in pocket causes the touch screen issue in 1520. I hope the new phone I going to get doesn't have this issue. I already ordered a black cp623 to protect it.

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah definitely treat it like a baby, otherwise the phantom tap thing will come haunt you. Also apparently 1520.3 is NOT covered in warranty in the US as it's not designed for the US market. I sent in my 1520.3 purchased from Newegg last year for phantom tap issue hoping to get its screen replaced, just got the warranty claim denied by Microsoft.

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
But can I send to BH photo video? Does their limited warranty cover the phantom tap issue?

I don't know what BH's "limited warranty" covers, unless they will just replace the phone they have no means to repair it besides sending back to Microsoft, yet it's not covered by manufacturer's warranty in the US.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb