04-12-2015 04:52 PM
43 12
tools
    I am officially lost.
    Jazmac... There was the question in the title which you answered "Yes" to. But there were negatives in the OP which you ignored... So if just your Yes was taken into account Wireless Charging is worth it and all the overheat problems are real. I think Harrie was just adding what you missed and was trying to generate a harmless giggle by satirizing your first post.

Do you guys leave your 1520 charging all night whether its on a qi charger or plugged in? I heard its bad for the battery to leave it in all night. Decreases stand by time. Should unplug at 100% always. Or am I wrong?
    This is an old, but valid back then, concern. Modern Battery Tech has added a smart chip to batteries so they don't "overcharge" and keep heating. Your battery now knows what to do and when; this concern is fairly well negated now...

Before my 1520 (not PMA or Qi capable)...
    Did you physically modify your phone? So far as I know every variant of 1520 has Qi Charging built in except the ATT model which gets PMA charging with a case.
    920Walker and Harrie-S like this.
    04-07-2015 10:59 AM
    I never saw the point, plug in works fine, at home in my office and in the car. They are universal and cheap. And do all wireless chargers work through cases? I'd never use one if I had to take my Incipio case on and off each time I wanted to charge my phone.
    04-07-2015 11:01 AM
    I never notice any difference in runtime between wired and wireless charging on my 920 since I got it over a year ago.
    Yeah, it's nothing I've ever took the effort to try to track and document just because it really doesn't matter that much if it's true or not, but since I am in the same general locations at the same times, using my phone the same general amounts and ways throughout most days, it seems that if I charge it to full using the wireless, it drains quicker than on the days when I charge to full using the cord. And it may be totally false, but it seems to be a consistent phenomenon over the past 2 years.

There could be a plethora of reasons, which don't really matter. I use the wireless occasionally, but in general I find corded charging more convenient, so it wouldn't break my heart if my next WP doesn't have it. :-)
    04-07-2015 11:05 AM
    I never saw the point, plug in works fine, at home in my office and in the car. They are universal and cheap. And do all wireless chargers work through cases? I'd never use one if I had to take my Incipio case on and off each time I wanted to charge my phone.
    I have a pretty thick case on my 920 and the wireless charges fine through it, and seems to pick it up just as easy as with case off.
    04-07-2015 11:07 AM
    It's about freedom and convenience. Being wired is a drag. I'm not a gamer by any stretch (although I'll play a game, I'm not spending hours on it.) I also don't watch hours of video on end. I don't need to be plugged in while I use the device except for in car nav.

Not plugging and unplugging is nice. Having the phone on a stand is nice.

Everybody has had these things happen. You have your phone plugged in and want to see it, pick it up, get stopped short by the cord... You have your phone plugged in and are using it, need to go in another room, or just across that room; have to unplug it and plug it back in... You or someone or a pet, run into the cord and it gets yanked out of the port or the phone flies to the floor...

I've never had a wireless charger not operate through a case.
    04-07-2015 11:09 AM
    It's

I've never had a wireless charger not operate through a case.
    Thank you for that. I have a 925 with the wireless charging cover and let my phone go without a case. This is the first time ever having a smartphone and not having a protective case for it.
    04-07-2015 11:22 AM
    Did you physically modify your phone? So far as I know every variant of 1520 has Qi Charging built in except the ATT model which gets PMA charging with a case.
    I have an AT&T 1520 with no PMA charging case.
    04-07-2015 11:46 AM
    Wireless charging is really worth it. I am all for it.
    04-07-2015 11:52 AM
    I have an AT&T 1520 with no PMA charging case.
    So it's capable, you just aren't taking advantage of it...
    04-07-2015 12:24 PM
    That is correct.
    04-07-2015 01:13 PM
    Looks like the OP decided to get one, but as another in the YES category...
    I hate when the micro-usb port goes out. I've had a few phones where the port dies for whatever reason. Using wireless charging eliminates that wearing that contact out. I have a charger on my desk at work, nightstand at home and in my car. I am always near a charger that I can drop my phone into. It is worth the money.wp_20150407_11_21_54_pro-1.jpg
    04-07-2015 01:25 PM
    I love wireless charging. It's all I've used for over two years with the 920 in the home and office. No more damaged mini USB ports. In the car I use a cord to charge if using GPS. The wireless appears to keep from losing a charge but not add any charge. A DT-900 has a 750mA input current and a factory Nokia corded DC charger is 1.0A.
    RumoredNow and jleebiker like this.
    04-07-2015 02:02 PM
    Looks like the OP decided to get one, but as another in the YES category...
    I hate when the micro-usb port goes out. I've had a few phones where the port dies for whatever reason. Using wireless charging eliminates that wearing that contact out. I have a charger on my desk at work, nightstand at home and in my car. I am always near a charger that I can drop my phone into. It is worth the money.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150407_11_21_54_Pro 1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	457.5 KB 
ID:	101458
    My mind is gone. I scrolled the comment until the charging stand was just about an inch showing on the screen. Just started to read 920 Walker and glanced up and caught just the bottom end of the charging stand. Literately. lol.
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-07-2015 07:53 PM
    I have a question , I bought a wireless charger (NoName) for L1520 from eBay. Do you think that could damage my phone?
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    04-10-2015 09:32 AM
    I have a question , I bought a wireless charger (NoName) for L1520 from eBay. Do you think that could damage my phone?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	101639
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	101640
    Does it have legitimate CE, FCC, UL or similar electrical device regulating body approval stamps on it? How about Qi stamp? If not I would not use it. Not for fear of damaging the phone internally since the phone controls the charge, but from an electrical fire safety standpoint.
    04-10-2015 11:21 AM
    Hi, I just got my lumia 1520 a couple weeks ago, and as it has wireless charguing I wanted to get one, I have in mind the dt-903(is there another one good?)from microsoft store, but I have some questions about it, I read that he phone gets hot when using the charger, does it going to have problem if I keep using it?
    I probably going to leave the phone on the charger all night till morning so not sure about the heat.
    worth it and is not pricy at least here in germany
    04-11-2015 02:27 PM
    Yes! Wireless charging is brilliant! The DT-903 is a great charger too, I have it. Also... A friend's iPhone 4S just died after the pins bent in the charging port so it cannot be charged. With a wireless charger handy, if you somehow ruined your Lumia's USB port, you can still charge it and use the device...
    Harrie-S likes this.
    04-11-2015 06:32 PM
    Hi! Just got the dt910 and so far its been good, charging doesn't seen to be slow and the phone looks good in the stand.
    04-12-2015 04:52 PM
43 12