1520 gone

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
The New Flagship from MS would also be the 1st Flagship from them. All the other flagship Windows phones have been from either Nokia, HTC or Samsung. It is no wonder there are so many apps unavailable for the WP os as the percentage of people using a Windows mobile device continues to shrink and you can't walk into any Carrier operated site (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile) and see any evidence at all that Windows Phones even exist.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The New Flagship from MS would also be the 1st Flagship from them. All the other flagship Windows phones have been from either Nokia, HTC or Samsung. It is no wonder there are so many apps unavailable for the WP os as the percentage of people using a Windows mobile device continues to shrink and you can't walk into any Carrier operated site (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile) and see any evidence at all that Windows Phones even exist.

Well I don't think the switch from Nokia to Microsoft has anything to do with apps. And as far as carriers go, I was in the AT&T store the other day, and they had the Lumia 830 right out there. In the Verizon store they also have the M8 Windows on display in the HTC section

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't consider either of those phones a Flagship..and you must be in a bigger city cause I haven't seen it here in South Florida. Look at gross dollar sales and not at units sold and you will see a different story

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't consider either of those phones a Flagship..and you must be in a bigger city cause I haven't seen it here in South Florida. Look at gross dollar sales and not at units sold and you will see a different story

Never suggested that the 830 was a flagship, but the M8 certainly is. That wasn't even the point I was making. I'm saying there is a Windows Phone presence in stores...something you said there is none of. And no, I live in a small town, and the two Verizon and AT&T stores are in a city of 44k. The other AT&T store is in a town/city of 15k. I'm also in southwest Florida quite a bit as well, and I've seen Windows Phones in stores there.

About the gross dollar sales vs units sold and a "different story"?: that has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well I don't think the switch from Nokia to Microsoft has anything to do with apps. And as far as carriers go, I was in the AT&T store the other day, and they had the Lumia 830 right out there. In the Verizon store they also have the M8 Windows on display in the HTC section

Unfortunately that won't be true for all stores, went by Carphone Warehouse store at a busy electronics chain last week - Currys (store with-in a store) as I was picking up a HP Stream 11" for my aunt.

All display models for Windows Phone where dead, faulty or turned off and there were not many. Unfortunately it seems my 920 also decided to follow suit as my battery died so don't have any pictures :grincry: (probably a prolonged silence for it's fallen comrades..... it did take a good while to load up again when I put it on charge after I got home lol)

1520 is no longer being sold at Carphone Warehouse (one of the biggest phone retailers in the UK) the only flagship on offer is the 930. So if your after a new high end windows phone with a msd card slot.. your out of luck.

So it is not just in select countries, everything is pointing towards a global end-of-manufacture - not EOL as the 1520 will still get updates. Microsoft would be insane not to push out updates for this phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234