Why does my screen lag in automatic light conditions?

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
About the screen lag in automatic light conditions

Hello people.
I have noticed that when I'm watching a video or playing a game in automatic display light, when the light condition of environment changes and it makes the screen brightness change as well, I see a brief lag happening.

Is it natural or a defect?

Thanks.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: About the screen lag in automatic light conditions

Hello people.
I have noticed that when I'm watching a video or playing a game in automatic display light, when the light condition of environment changes and it makes the screen brightness change as well, I see a brief lag happening.

Is it natural or a defect?

Thanks.

That is "normal". The "lag" prevents the screen from changing brightness too rapidly, especially in conditions where there would be variable amounts of light... such as while walking under a tree-covered sidewalk where patches of light go through the leaves instead of a solid block of light.... provided that the lag is not more than 10 seconds.

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

Well thank you. I'm glad it is normal. Is it common in other devices as well?
And another question. I feel a small swipe when scrolling the vertical menu of applications keeping my finger on it during the scroll. I mean when I put my finger on the screen and slide it down continuously on the screen to scroll the menu, I see very small jumps and not purely smooth scroll. Is it normal as well?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Well thank you. I'm glad it is normal. Is it common in other devices as well?
And another question. I feel a small swipe when scrolling the vertical menu of applications keeping my finger on it during the scroll. I mean when I put my finger on the screen and slide it down continuously on the screen to scroll the menu, I see very small jumps and not purely smooth scroll. Is it normal as well?

It happens in other devices as well, such as the L1020, but I think not in all devices since my L535 does not behave in the same manner (it hardly responds to ambient lighting conditions at times, while it over-responds at other times... perhaps because it's entry level). At the very least higher-level devices should also have that response stabilization effect.

If I recall correctly, it was once an issue (not sure if it was the L1520) that the screen brightness cycles from being too high to being too low in just a matter of seconds. It seems like a firmware update may have addressed the issue and should no longer be happening to newer devices. Speaking of updates, make sure that your phone has the latest updates by going to Settings > phone update. I won't recommend the preview for developers program at this point.

As for the swiping thing, I notice that a lot with my L535 but that's because the L535 has a touch screen issue. It happened with my L1020 a few times especially when my fingers were moist or when the screen had some moisture on it... and when a lot of the surface area of my finger was touching the screen (e.g. when I press the wide part of my thumb against the screen as opposed to just using the tip of my finger). I can't say it's normal, but it is a bit distracting.

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm asking this if you have played sonic dash game with a L1520. When sonic goes on a spring and jumps into the sky, the screen rotates around him at 360 degrees. There is an almost noticeable lag in this action. Is it normal as well? I searched in YouTube and Bing and google but I couldn't find Sonic dash game play on L1520.
I think these problems are formed by same source of h/w defect.
My software is updated to the last firmware (denim) in the region.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa