04-24-2015 04:49 PM
68 123
tools
    How are you guys getting 30 hours/1-4 days battery? Every time I take my 1520 off the charge at 100% it says 11+ hours standby. Do I need to hard reset? Done it already. Still the same.
    Are you gaming heavily on the thing? Streaming Video? I have to agree it is either your use or a warranty replaceable defect.
    04-15-2015 10:59 AM
    Im sorry, but the Android OS flat out sucks. It looks ugly, it runs ugly, and it stability is ugly.
    Lol, tell us what you really think...Thus, the reason I stuck with the 1520, but you are entitled to being critical of the Android UI. In its defense It has gotten much better than in the past. If it were possible to have the Windows UI with the Android App selection we wouldn't have such emotionally changed opinions. But I love the Windows UI experience first, iOS second and Android last.
    04-15-2015 04:38 PM
    Are you gaming heavily on the thing? Streaming Video? I have to agree it is either your use or a warranty replaceable defect.
    Im getting about the same standby 30 hours +. I use my phone extensively throughout the day.Music, a little youtube, emails fetching in background, its fantastic.
    04-15-2015 04:41 PM
    Yes I definitely do regret it. Dang phone was only 2 months old and now I have the black screen of death. Buttons lights up and all but no image. Happened shortly after phone auto updated to 8.1 from developer preview. Now phone is useless
    04-22-2015 07:21 PM
    No I wouldn't say I am a heavy user. I bought the phone on ebay. New condition. Surely warranty has expired by now since launch? Do Nokia take in phones to replace batteries?
    04-22-2015 07:25 PM
    Yes I definitely do regret it. Dang phone was only 2 months old and now I have the black screen of death. Buttons lights up and all but no image. Happened shortly after phone auto updated to 8.1 from developer preview. Now phone is useless

Have you tried the Lumia recovery tool?
    04-22-2015 07:27 PM
    No I wouldn't say I am a heavy user. I bought the phone on ebay. New condition. Surely warranty has expired by now since launch? Do Nokia take in phones to replace batteries?
    Send me a PM I can help with battery replacement if your out of warranty.
    tboy2000 likes this.
    04-22-2015 07:53 PM
    I've owned many Lumias the past 3 years (920, 925, 520, 635) and this is the one that I've stuck to the most. What I regret is that I've grown fond of it and probably won't 'upgrade' to any new WP 10 device at least for a year or more.

The camera is amazing and it should easily be able to handle WP 10. I really don't see a point of a 4K screen on a phone especially when there's no 4k content readily available. My sister has a Note 4 and the highest resolution YouTube pushes on that is 720P.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-22-2015 08:51 PM
    Yes I have dj. When I plugged up my phone, it went thru a few screens and then said that a update was available. However, it was the same update 8.1 that caused the problem. Would not allow me to downgrade back to 8.0
    04-22-2015 10:52 PM
    Not sure if it was the update that caused it. I did try to reinstall it but was unsuccessful. I did like the phone when it worked cause where I'm from, it's either Samsung or Apple. I loved being the odd guy out. I came from android and I've had iPhones. But my 1520 was good while it lasted
    04-22-2015 10:55 PM
    Yes I have dj. When I plugged up my phone, it went thru a few screens and then said that a update was available. However, it was the same update 8.1 that caused the problem. Would not allow me to downgrade back to 8.0

You cant downgrade to 8.0 as the Lumia recovery tool will only apply 8.1 as that's the latest build on their program. Did you try updating the program itself? They released an update last week for users that had bricked phones. You could uninstall it from your pc and reinstall it.
    04-22-2015 11:27 PM
    Yeah I upgraded the program to 1.24. I haven't tried to reinstall it on the updated version yet. Wil try in the morning. Will post update then.
    djeire84 likes this.
    04-22-2015 11:30 PM
    2 months old? Surely you can just get a warranty replacement.
    04-22-2015 11:45 PM
    Well I purchased it from a local classified site here in ky. It was barely used. However, after buying it I did notice that it was using the developers version of 8.1
    04-23-2015 08:14 AM
    First thing that happened was airplane mode came in by itself and could not be turned off.
    04-23-2015 08:15 AM
    Well I purchased it from a local classified site here in ky. It was barely used. However, after buying it I did notice that it was using the developers version of 8.1
    You can check if it's still under warranty on Microsoft's support page.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=xYz9KruT

Here's where you can check for the 1520

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=dnd8_F9U
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-24-2015 12:32 PM
    Wow, you're right, it's not that old. Lots of things happened between the time we got our phones and now, seemed like much longer. Ok, but standby time is so not what happens. As a battery gets older and as a phone is introduced to new apps, some not intended, the battery life drops fast. I use my phone all day, for Words With Friends, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, calls, billing records, texts, lots of emails, dating sites, newspapers and so many others etc. I need two Note 2 batteries a day or maybe, 1.5. I don't want to go running around looking for outlets or attached to a charging cord. Some people think they use their phones a lot but they really don't. I do. I hate the Note 2 email and contact functions that's why I want to switch.

So, looks like a new 1520 is not in the works until W10 and if so, no exchangeable batteries or micro SD cards? The new Samsung S6 stopped interchangeable batteries.

On another note, do you think Apple is trying to keep the number of apps available for WPs down, even to the point of paying sites to drop WP accessibility?

Sometimes I think Nadella works for Apple because he couldn't be a worse marketer if he tried. He needs to be removed fast.

DLCPA
    04-24-2015 04:28 PM
    I traded down to a 930 and boy do I miss my 1520. The things I miss the most about it are the things you complained about. I'm hungry for that screen real estate. It's been a weird transition for me going to the smaller screen than it was jumping up to the 1520. And my battery life lasted for at the minimum a day and half to sometimes two days. I used it for all the typical uses including a few hours of gaming. I miss that battery. Since I have 4K on the 930 that's one thing I'm glad I can still take advantage of including hey Cortana. My only regret is giving up the 1520.
    I did the same thing. after a few weeks I sold my 930 and went back to 1520.
    04-24-2015 04:49 PM
68 123