Anyone regretting buying the 1520?

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Although I love the phone I am finding it rather heavy, big and awkward. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which has a 5.7" screen, thin and much lighter. If Microsoft launched the next flagship with similar dimensions to the Note 3 I would be all over it. Also am worried about the battery. When I first got it it used to say 2 days stand by. Now it averages at 18 hours stand by at 100% charge. Battery drain seems to be very fast just by using it normally. Finally is 4k video recording a gimmick if you don't have a 4k tv to show of your recordings? I am sticking to the default 1080p.

Am not bashing Windows Phones. Am very loyal to Microsoft and had several WP.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I traded down to a 930 and boy do I miss my 1520. The things I miss the most about it are the things you complained about. I'm hungry for that screen real estate. It's been a weird transition for me going to the smaller screen than it was jumping up to the 1520. And my battery life lasted for at the minimum a day and half to sometimes two days. I used it for all the typical uses including a few hours of gaming. I miss that battery. Since I have 4K on the 930 that's one thing I'm glad I can still take advantage of including hey Cortana. My only regret is giving up the 1520.

winboy

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I love it especially the size. I will never ever go back to using tiny toy phones again! Anything less than 6 would be too small for me.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I think of all the phones I had owned... The 1520 is the best. Hopefully the next flagship that will replace the 1520 have more ram and 6+ display.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope.

I've never regretted it one moment. I'm enjoying it more now. Love, "Hey Cortana." I think I'm getting better at taking and editing pictures. Trying to learn about .dng and collect camera apps...

This phone just keeps giving.

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
My mother has a 1520 and every time I pick it up I marvel at how light it is. It's much larger than my Lumia 920, but feels lighter in the hand. Always feels sad going back to the 920 haha

Formula84

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
My mother has a 1520 and every time I pick it up I marvel at how light it is. It's much larger than my Lumia 920, but feels lighter in the hand. Always feels sad going back to the 920 haha

Yeah I was shocked when the op said it was heavy, I think it's fine, keep in mind it's got a 3400 battery 😊

dumgeek

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
It's not perfect, there's the screen bug(swipe tap), the font facing cam that stopped working after one week and the buttons that are in the wrong place. But other than that, no. The size is not a issue, it could have been an 6.5" 4k resolution and the buttons not on the side where I hold my phone it would be perfect.

oussama ait

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I am now looking to use my lumia 1520 on win 10 tomorrow inshallah ... Hopefully win 10 will make me move back my sim from my galaxy note 2

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Regret regarding phone? No.. Luckily I haven't faced much problems with touch issues.
The excellent speakers, camera, screen, glance, spec sheet, SD card... What I'm saying is hardware wise its complete package.
But thing which bugs me now is the way microsoft is dealing with its own apps and general app situation.... Yada yada w10 which would be at the earliest early next year....

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Although I love the phone I am finding it rather heavy, big and awkward. I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which has a 5.7" screen, thin and much lighter. If Microsoft launched the next flagship with similar dimensions to the Note 3 I would be all over it. Also am worried about the battery. When I first got it it used to say 2 days stand by. Now it averages at 18 hours stand by at 100% charge. Battery drain seems to be very fast just by using it normally. Finally is 4k video recording a gimmick if you don't have a 4k tv to show of your recordings? I am sticking to the default 1080p.

Am not bashing Windows Phones. Am very loyal to Microsoft and had several WP.

So how does the battery life on L1520 compare to your Note 3? Do you get 18 hours of battery life on your Note 3?
That's the exact difference.

Loving my L1520 from day one for the battery life (very much better than my previous galaxy S5), cool screen real estate, awesome camera performance.

ronr9286t

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I bought an AT&T off contract 1520 at the Microsoft store about a year ago. I have a "Device addiction", so I bought a used AT&T Note 3 off of e-bay. I kept switching back and forth - love the Windows OS, missed some aps and inking on the Note, and really don't like Android. When I was eligible for a subsidized upgrade, I traded in the 1520 on a Note 4.

After about 3 months, I was really missing the 1520, and bought an unlocked 1520-3 from B&H (32 gig, wireless charging). I notice that for the past 2 months, I've not gone back to the Notes, and will probably sell them.

On both of my 1520s, never missed a beat. No screen issues, best battery life of any phone I've ever owned. And, I notice I'm not really missing any of the apps.

I Iove the size and tolerate the weight, specially for business. The only time it is any bother is when I'm out on a weekend or evening. After I sell the two notes, I'm probably going to pick up an unlocked 830 as my "spare" phone.

All in all, absolutely no regrets on 1520 ownership!

Ron

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
No regrets here and with Denim it's even better now than when I first got it.

I also just started playing Dungeon Hunter 4 on it. And it surprises me that this device can give me console quality gaming.

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
The only thing for me to complaint is the slow reaction of prox. sensors to the rotation. I mean when I compare to other brands like htc. But every other thing feels lovely and nice.

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Using mine for over a year already and still not regretting the decision I made. I will admit the first one had a problem but was replaced quickly and the current one has been my buddy ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte