Anyone regretting buying the 1520?

narm5

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the G3 Cat6/Prime and the hulk green 1520. Both are great phones but if I have to separate from one of them someday, it would be the G3 Prime. My biggest complaint about the 1520 is the touch sensitivity but nowadays, I instinctively take my precautions so as not to like/share some random posts :p

frank pik

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
My favorite phone to date. My only complaint is the glass is the most delicate of any phone that I ever owned. I never broke a phone screen before until the 1520 - breaking 2. Once from a very short drop of about 18 inches and another time by getting a doorknob caught between the phone and my behind as it stuck out of my pocket while bending over

**wow, I can't believe they had to censor the most common, inoffensive abbreviation for "buttocks" on this site?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
No way. I love my 1520. However, I am looking forward to a 5-5.5" device next. Ideally, 5.2".

That big, beautiful screen is amazing for media consumption and browsing. It's amazing to browse on a screen that large. You forget how often you needed to pinch and zoom on smaller screens.

Battery life is insane...

anon(9000941)

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Had mine for 9 months and absolutely love it. I really, really want another 6" flagship in the summer... I realise it may not work for all but for me this size is perfect.

kodos78

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes. While I love Windows Phone, I ended up buying a Galaxy S6 Edge today to use as my full time phone.

Touch screen was flaky, other than that loved the HW and OS. But the apps were terrible and the Microsoft apps were behind the Android ones.

So, hopefully I'll be back someday. But for now, I felt let down by the ecosystem.

heli0m

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
People aren't kidding when they say everything else looks like a toy after you use this phone. I wasn't even sad when my 925 screen got cracked, because this red monster I have has rendered using my 925 useless.
I don't have the touch issue, besides from the weird swiping thing on WPCentral app, but that was on my 925 too. I obviously have the front camera ding dong issue, but upgrading to WP10 fixed that miraculously.
I regret getting the GreatShield damask case doe, **** made my phone fly out of my hand on the fifth floor of the Disbeyland parking lot. Of course, no glass contact, but sad little cut by the microphone )':
Always recommend a frosted tpu plastic case.

hmmwv

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I absolutely loved my 1520.3, even with the defective screen and Microsoft's refusal to honor warranty in the US. This phone still stands on its own against the latest offerings from rivals over a year after its release.

Omaga_62

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
Had mine for 14 months now and it's the best phone I bought so far, 1. Excellent battery life. 2. Pictures and videos taken with the phone is best in my phone history. 3. Size=just perfect :smile:. The phone is released almost 2 years ago and it's still a flag ship phone overall, in windows phone category it's the best u can buy. So I'm not regretting that I bought L1520, I'm very pleased I did.

Last edited:

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
So how does the battery life on L1520 compare to your Note 3? Do you get 18 hours of battery life on your Note 3?
That's the exact difference.

Loving my L1520 from day one for the battery life (very much better than my previous galaxy S5), cool screen real estate, awesome camera performance.

I get about the same battery life from my Note 4 and 1520. The difference: I use the Note 4 more than the 1520 (Screen on Time). Note 2 had by far the best battery life as phablets go, but compare the 1520 and the 930, there is NO comparison. 1520 = leaps and bounds over the 930. But the bigger the phone, the larger the battery inside... So... yeah...

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I get about the same battery life from my Note 4 and 1520. The difference: I use the Note 4 more than the 1520 (Screen on Time). Note 2 had by far the best battery life as phablets go, but compare the 1520 and the 930, there is NO comparison. 1520 = leaps and bounds over the 930. But the bigger the phone, the larger the battery inside... So... yeah...
BBuddy that I work with daily has had each note since I've had the 1520 and we compare them regularly. Other than battery life (slight diff) and app store, the 1520 was better in every manner screen, audio, stability, OS (both agree that if you get rid of fan/BS that WP is just a nicer experience).

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
BBuddy that I work with daily has had each note since I've had the 1520 and we compare them regularly. Other than battery life (slight diff) and app store, the 1520 was better in every manner screen, audio, stability, OS (both agree that if you get rid of fan/BS that WP is just a nicer experience).

Oh no doubt. Speaker quality, call quality, OS stability, all superior in Windows Phone... :) I LOVE the hardware of the 1520... I really REALLY REALLLLLLY do!!! Greatest hardware and design so far. Just genius :). I just wish app developers would update more often, and bring features. I use Line Messenger daily ALL day. It doesn't work too well on Windows phone. Lots of lag, and it takes forever to download messages, no multi tasking for it... Couldn't use it. It was reason enough to change devices.... Hence my Note 4. But still, I love my 1520 :)

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that is annoying me now is the inconsistent battery stand by time. Today I just took it off the charger at 100% and it said I had 9 hours stand by left. What the heck? Where is the 1-2 day stand by? Is there a way to recalibrate the battery meter?

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I found the battery really went down the toilet with the Denim update. I might get a day out of it if I use it sparingly, and the low battery warning lasts about 2 seconds before the phone shuts down. Playing MS Solitaire seems to be equivalent with providing power to New York city for some reason. The battery will expire in just a few minutes, even if you start with 80%. The strange thing is that after it dies, when I plug it in the battery says it is at 40% or so.

My touchscreen is pretty bad, has a mind of its own. I do wish they would hurry up and come out with something new because I'm getting fed up with it, and it's only a matter of time before I throw it against the wall and smash it. Still, I don't regret getting the phone, I've enjoyed it for the most part.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
No such issues here. This is the pinnacle of Lumias and Windows phone. No desire to try anything else right now. I have never enjoyed a handset as much as this one.

dlcpa

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My Note 2 is 4 years old and it's a great phone but I hate the Android Contacts files, as it limits the size of the note field, considerably. So, I want a 1520 or the next version. However, I want replaceable betteries and microSD cards and I want to be able to use Google for a serach engine. Is this possible?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro