Anyone regretting buying the 1520?

Michael Dontigney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
My Note 2 is 4 years old and it's a great phone but I hate the Android Contacts files, as it limits the size of the note field, considerably. So, I want a 1520 or the next version. However, I want replaceable betteries and microSD cards and I want to be able to use Google for a serach engine. Is this possible?
Since it was released in October of 2012 even if you got it on release day it wouldn't be over 2.5 years old... Besides that point... I had a Note 2 and sold it when my 2 Year Verizon contract ended and moved to the 1520 and couldn't be happier. It was definitely an *upgrade*. And you don't need replaceable batteries when they last this long.. Holy geeze 30+ hours on a charge with the 1520!

Blenyc

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Just bought mine and i use it as main device!!!After so many years with android phones and i had a lot switching to WP and 1520 was my best choice for 2015.I really enjoy it.

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Well..my battery can last from day to four days. Yes, four.
Never regreting, nor i ever will, i'm lucky one who don't have phantom swypes, but i hate heating. Never used to high end phones, cpu to be specific and heating makes me vorry a lil bit.
But i use flip book case or hard case so i don't even feel.

Ps. I'm scared not to crush it somehow haha

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys getting 30 hours/1-4 days battery? Every time I take my 1520 off the charge at 100% it says 11+ hours standby. Do I need to hard reset? Done it already. Still the same.

rmeigs

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys getting 30 hours/1-4 days battery? Every time I take my 1520 off the charge at 100% it says 11+ hours standby. Do I need to hard reset? Done it already. Still the same.

Only put mine on the charger every third day. Don't talk that much on it, but use it a lot for all kinds of other tasks.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

Because that is the norm. The 1520 is very nearly as good as it gets with current smart phone battery life. Check out the GSMarena battery table. The 1520 sits proudly at the top. I can only think you either use your phone screen on for 10 or so hours a day or there is something wrong with the battery itself. I am a medium to heavy user I guess and I only charge every 2 days or so and there is normally plenty of juice left even then.

Blenyc

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I dont have heating issues or phantom swypes either but i do get some bad reception.Like my Galaxy S5 used to show 4 bars of reception while 1520 i only get 2.Battery is amazing lasts more than 2 days.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm like some posters, just a few times I wonder what its like to to go back to Android, the LG G3 and HTC One M9 are very intriguing, but then I snap back to reality and realize I really hate Android's cluttered interface and the whole reason my family is on Windows (4!) and I've own two myself including my 1520. My consolation for some apps is that I have a work phone on Android and if I see the occasional tool app I am missing I just load it there, but I find I don't use them that much either. 1520 is fast, smooth, great battery life, nice screen to watch Netflix. As far as the camera AND its 4 mics recording video at 4K?, wow! I recently recorded a Choral performance in a cathedral, where they sung Boroque and Sacred Music pieces, and the quality was superb, like a studio quality recording when played back on a Hi Fi stereo, you will be hard pressed to find a phone that can do that right now. 1520 and Denim delivers!

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm like some posters, just a few times I wonder what its like to to go back to Android, the LG G3 and HTC One M9 are very intriguing, but then I snap back to reality and realize I really hate Android's cluttered interface and the whole reason my family is on Windows (4!) and I've own two myself including my 1520. My consolation for some apps is that I have a work phone on Android and if I see the occasional tool app I am missing I just load it there, but I find I don't use them that much either. 1520 is fast, smooth, great battery life, nice screen to watch Netflix. As far as the camera AND its 4 mics recording video at 4K?, wow! I recently recorded a Choral performance in a cathedral, where they sung Boroque and Sacred Music pieces, and the quality was superb, like a studio quality recording when played back on a Hi Fi stereo, you will be hard pressed to find a phone that can do that right now. 1520 and Denim delivers!

Im sorry, but the Android OS flat out sucks. It looks ugly, it runs ugly, and it stability is ugly.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Are you gaming heavily on the thing? Streaming Video? I have to agree it is either your use or a warranty replaceable defect.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Im sorry, but the Android OS flat out sucks. It looks ugly, it runs ugly, and it stability is ugly.

Lol, tell us what you really think...Thus, the reason I stuck with the 1520, but you are entitled to being critical of the Android UI. In its defense It has gotten much better than in the past. If it were possible to have the Windows UI with the Android App selection we wouldn't have such emotionally changed opinions. But I love the Windows UI experience first, iOS second and Android last.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Are you gaming heavily on the thing? Streaming Video? I have to agree it is either your use or a warranty replaceable defect.

Im getting about the same standby 30 hours +. I use my phone extensively throughout the day.Music, a little youtube, emails fetching in background, its fantastic.

Derrick Moore

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes I definitely do regret it. Dang phone was only 2 months old and now I have the black screen of death. Buttons lights up and all but no image. Happened shortly after phone auto updated to 8.1 from developer preview. Now phone is useless

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site

No I wouldn't say I am a heavy user. I bought the phone on ebay. New condition. Surely warranty has expired by now since launch? Do Nokia take in phones to replace batteries?

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes I definitely do regret it. Dang phone was only 2 months old and now I have the black screen of death. Buttons lights up and all but no image. Happened shortly after phone auto updated to 8.1 from developer preview. Now phone is useless

Have you tried the Lumia recovery tool?

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've owned many Lumias the past 3 years (920, 925, 520, 635) and this is the one that I've stuck to the most. What I regret is that I've grown fond of it and probably won't 'upgrade' to any new WP 10 device at least for a year or more.

The camera is amazing and it should easily be able to handle WP 10. I really don't see a point of a 4K screen on a phone especially when there's no 4k content readily available. My sister has a Note 4 and the highest resolution YouTube pushes on that is 720P.

Derrick Moore

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes I have dj. When I plugged up my phone, it went thru a few screens and then said that a update was available. However, it was the same update 8.1 that caused the problem. Would not allow me to downgrade back to 8.0

Derrick Moore

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if it was the update that caused it. I did try to reinstall it but was unsuccessful. I did like the phone when it worked cause where I'm from, it's either Samsung or Apple. I loved being the odd guy out. I came from android and I've had iPhones. But my 1520 was good while it lasted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb