Class 10/UHS-1 MicroSD not fast enough for 2160p video?

Jonnny4

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a 64Gb Sandisk Extreme and when I try to record video sometimes it records but takes forever to save and sometimes it gives me a message that it isn't fast enough. Aren't these the fastest on the market right now?

manomic

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a 128 GB PNY card that is rated UHS-1/Class 10.. I can record 4k videos without any issue. Just that, it takes a couple of seconds extra to save. The card has a 60 MB/s read and 20 MB/s write in my comp

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site

Im not sure the amount of bandwidth Lumia's 4k needs, but my Samsung EVO card with ~19MB write speeds, seems to handle 4k just fine. Granted, I haven't recorded any long videos, to see if it ever chokes up.

It would appear spending for faster cards, for these phones, isn't necessary.

Last edited:

Blenyc

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I got the Samsung EVO too.Looks like the message doesnt appears always.Probably the phone is already doin read/write jobs on card and trying to capture 4k that particular time drops the speed even more.

NICK TOALE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I find the Sandisk Extreme 64GB to be variable in performance especially as the card fills up 128GB version is excellent in comparison. Personally I find Transcend cards more reliable especially on constant speed writes for video. Sometimes if you get the card slow error wait a few seconds, try again and it should be ok.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
...Sandisk Extreme 64GB... if you get the card slow error wait a few seconds, try again and it should be ok.

That matches my experience. But I've only dabbled a little with 4K video. I don't have a real need for it... I understand the user base it is aimed at, I'm just not inside that grouping.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs