10-30-2015 01:45 PM
98 ... 234
tools
    Jas, so true about WP for employees but too bad Microsoft has been inept at making the advantages of that link.
    Jas Holden likes this.
    05-13-2015 12:54 PM
    First of all, I think we will have plenty of time to make that decision. I can't see a real flagship getting released till the first part of 2016. It may very well get announced sometime this fall, but making it's way into the hands of the consumer will be a minimum of 3 to 4 months AFTER said announcement takes place. I have no facts to base this feeling on other than past performances by MS. This really isn't a criticism. I would much rather wait until they are sure that the device is functioning as designed before they turn it loose into the wild. And with this being the FIRST Flagship under Microsoft Mobile and the lengths I would assume they will go to to insure that it is a memorable and high quality production it may take a tad longer. With all that being said, I would be very hesitant to let go of the Cadillac of all phones that is running on what is now a very nice OS. The main things I was anxious about have all been accomplished (Cortana passive voice, improved camera, live tiles for music and the music hub being able to use MPATool!} Right now I very much enjoy using and showing off my 1520 Windows phone.
    05-14-2015 06:19 PM
    I'll definitely upgrade and here's why. JoeB said that many of W10's new features will require new hardware.

What new features you ask?

(1) The Windows version of ApplePay will require biometrics and a secure chip for local storage.
    (2) Windows Hello requires new camera hardware for secure facial recognition.
    (3) Continuum, which extends the phone's capabilities when plugged into a PC, requires new hardware from Qualcomm.
    (4) The ability to use your W10 PC to make or receive calls via a WiFi connection to your W10 phone requires updated hardware from Qualcomm.

And these are just the features we currently know about. I'm sure there will be more as time goes on. If the Surface team works on this phone, I honestly believe it will be the most significant phone release since the original iPhone.
    tboy2000 likes this.
    05-18-2015 03:44 PM
    I am more than likely to switch. I just hope its a 5.7" phone.
    05-18-2015 08:53 PM
    Ooooh. What's that coming over the hill? Is it a G4 Stylus? Oh yes, yes it is.
    05-18-2015 11:06 PM
    I just upgraded to a used 1520, and I will not be giving Microsoft a dime until they add a setting to change those ridiculous rounded toggles haha

I have no problems holding the 1520. It's a bit unwieldy to carry, but at the same time I cannot imagine going back to a smaller screen.
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    05-18-2015 11:47 PM
    Ooooh. What's that coming over the hill? Is it a G4 Stylus? Oh yes, yes it is.
    Actually, Imma temper my excitement - just read the specs... and if the PPI is correct, that's a shame.
    05-19-2015 12:17 AM
    I'm all squared up with the Hulk(best battery life in any of my previous phones) even if it's the gimped iteration, everyone on here essentially summed things on point, first world issues, **** I forgot my steaks overcooking in the oven!
    05-19-2015 03:14 PM
    I'm all squared up with the Hulk(best battery life in any of my previous phones) even if it's the gimped iteration, everyone on here essentially summed things on point, first world issues, **** I forgot my steaks overcooking in the oven!
    Its only $20 to get an OEM back cover with the Qi coils/NFC/Lens included haha. About the same price for a premium case really...

Edit: Congrats ;)
    05-19-2015 06:47 PM
    Its only $20 to get an OEM back cover with the Qi coils/NFC/Lens included haha. About the same price for a premium case really...)
    Where are you seeing these? I am interested.
    05-19-2015 06:52 PM
    Where are you seeing these? I am interested.
    Genuine White Nokia Lumia 1520 Back Cover Housing Case Charging Coil Tools | eBay
    Guy has other colors as well
    ScrubbyXD likes this.
    05-19-2015 06:59 PM
    Just as soon as ever I can get my hands on one. And my 1520 is my favorite phone, ever, so I'm not motivated by dissatisfaction with what I have, I've kept an eye out on the latest models of the other manufacturers. I've also had recent occasion to set up the latest Samsung, a Blackberry Passport and a Classic, and an IPhone 6 Plus just last week. I also have my own BB Passport. Nothing I've seen on any of the other platforms has caused the slightest envy in me, or tiring of my 1520. But I am all-in-with-both-feet on Windows 10, and I really want to have the full capabilities across the platforms as soon as its available. There will be certain things that you will be able to do with the new flagship specs on board, that you won't be able to do with your 1520 even after you've upgraded it to Windows Mobile 10. Sure, it won't matter to everyone, just how fully-featured your ability to project your screen or to remote control another Windows 10 device through your phone, but I want to and also won't mind an overall upgrade of specs. I had an ATT 32 gig 1520 originally, but when the screen cracked, they only had 16 gig models left. I was on the verge of buying a 32 gig version from a third party when the rumors of a flagship began to solidify. So I am now on the clock and waiting. I thought the rumored specs were for a slightly smaller screen. Not too much smaller though. I hope.
    05-19-2015 07:06 PM
    I'm selling mine and gonna get back to the note lineup. To many problems that haven't been fixed and repeated in newer models like the touch outside "happened as well with the 535" my note 2 runs as smooth as it can with a custom rom. Imo it was a bad investment call from my side
    Yazen likes this.
    05-19-2015 08:16 PM
    I'm selling mine and gonna get back to the note lineup. To many problems that haven't been fixed and repeated in newer models like the touch outside "happened as well with the 535" my note 2 runs as smooth as it can with a custom rom. Imo it was a bad investment call from my side
    Note 2 is still plenty fast. What did you mean by "touch outside" exactly?
    05-19-2015 09:29 PM
    I think I am not going to wait for the next flagship... I am interested in this one already: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VWKKEY4/...pUvbUpU3098624
    05-19-2015 09:44 PM
    I looked at those. But the reported cheap plastic build quality and (comparatively for 2015) naff camera ruled them out of "flagship" status for me.
    Yazen likes this.
    05-19-2015 10:05 PM
    I looked at those. But the reported cheap plastic build quality and (comparatively for 2015) naff camera ruled them out of "flagship" status for me.
    It's plastic alright, but there aren't any creaks in the build. Then again polycarbonate is just a fancy word for plastic, but we all know the 1520 has better build quality haha
    05-20-2015 02:34 AM
    I will if it offers new useful and "braggable" features and has the same screen size. The 1520 is pretty much the best WP phone ever made up to now. If the new device is nothing but the same phone with beefier internal hardware then it will be a "no no" for me.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    05-20-2015 03:43 AM
    @maclancer
    What android???? WTF
    05-20-2015 05:52 AM
    I will if it offers a tangible upgrade and allows for openvpn support (Commercial vpn). The 1520 is the best all round device WP has - I got mine late 2013 and it's still a solid performer, though the screen touch sensitivity is becoming overly sensitive and jumpy. If the new top end offers a compelling package and a full feature set then yes, I'm all over that. Though the app situation needs to improve with it. Continuum looks like it will need something beefy so I have high hopes!!!!
    05-20-2015 06:20 AM
    For me I retired my 1520 and picked up a dual sim 640xl and like it a lot. Main reason is that I needed and could use the dual sim as I have at&t and t-mobile. I can honestly say the 640xl seems to be faster and better optimized. and I love the orange color.
    05-20-2015 05:09 PM
    Note 2 is still plenty fast. What did you mean by "touch outside" exactly?
    Oops "touch problem" swipe texting
    05-20-2015 09:28 PM
    Nokia to the grave lol.. I'm even still using my 920 as a backup. I'm sure 1520 will be a backup to the next gen. Phone, however why upgrade if it works??
    Tom Snyder likes this.
    10-30-2015 01:45 PM
98 ... 234