Will you ditch your 1520 for the next flagship?

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Value wise I'm sticking with my 1520/Blu WIN HD combo. For an overall tough device I can use while working the BLU is unrivaled and has taken far more punishment than my 635 or 520 were able to handle. For home use, around town, and vacation the 1520 is more than capable of doing it all. The new mock-ups are just ever so slightly better than the 1520 at a much higher cost and the value isn't there.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm very anxious to see how Win10 runs on the Lumia 1520 (not anxious enuff to install it, now).

The rumored new handsets look intriguing, but, the only thing I won't have on the 1520 is Continuum, which will probably be out early 2016. I'll give them some time to iron out the bugs, iron out the price, then possibly pull the trigger. Based on what I'm reading, I'll have a decision to make in about 10 months ...

In the meantime, I'll be running my Lumia 1520 with Win10 (or PFD / Insider Win10, once it's deemed stable).

ElronTheElder

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Update my phone?
Of course, if compelling features are included.
Right now don't know what that could be but I'm open-minded about it. [CPU throttling being what it is.....]

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Honestly? I don't think so, from what I can tell, the next flagship will be a 2k screen at 5.7" that isn't an upgrade to me, 1080p is plenty of pixels, in fact it's already more than the human eye can see without shoving it up to your face uncomfortably, this also means the battery life will take a hit powering a screen with so many pixels, and the obvious, its not 6" I'm not going down in size just to get a faster cpu that will barely make the phone perform any faster.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
First of all, I think we will have plenty of time to make that decision. I can't see a real flagship getting released till the first part of 2016. It may very well get announced sometime this fall, but making it's way into the hands of the consumer will be a minimum of 3 to 4 months AFTER said announcement takes place. I have no facts to base this feeling on other than past performances by MS. This really isn't a criticism. I would much rather wait until they are sure that the device is functioning as designed before they turn it loose into the wild. And with this being the FIRST Flagship under Microsoft Mobile and the lengths I would assume they will go to to insure that it is a memorable and high quality production it may take a tad longer. With all that being said, I would be very hesitant to let go of the Cadillac of all phones that is running on what is now a very nice OS. The main things I was anxious about have all been accomplished (Cortana passive voice, improved camera, live tiles for music and the music hub being able to use MPATool!} Right now I very much enjoy using and showing off my 1520 Windows phone.

WaverunningGeek

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I'll definitely upgrade and here's why. JoeB said that many of W10's new features will require new hardware.

What new features you ask?

(1) The Windows version of ApplePay will require biometrics and a secure chip for local storage.
(2) Windows Hello requires new camera hardware for secure facial recognition.
(3) Continuum, which extends the phone's capabilities when plugged into a PC, requires new hardware from Qualcomm.
(4) The ability to use your W10 PC to make or receive calls via a WiFi connection to your W10 phone requires updated hardware from Qualcomm.

And these are just the features we currently know about. I'm sure there will be more as time goes on. If the Surface team works on this phone, I honestly believe it will be the most significant phone release since the original iPhone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss