About discharge rate

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello :smile:

Cellular: On ( LTE )
Internet Sharing: On ( One laptop connected )
Display: Off
Double tap to wake: Off
Glance: Peek
Apps open on the background: Nothing most of the times
Applications allowed to perform in the background ( Almost used for PUSH Notifications and the apps are not open. ): Viber, Whats app, Outlook ( One email ), Insider, Weather ( For two cities )
And I think that's all,

Battery consumption: about 2 percent every 20 minutes.

I want to know if it is normal or not. Because I'm a little worried about the discharge rate.
Thank you :wink:

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
No its not. There is plenty to read in the forum on what constitutes 'normal' for the 1520. That isn't it. Try a reset and get it looked at if that doesn't help.

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
My discharge rate is high. If I use my phone a lot I get about 8 hours only. Am really disappointed in battery life of my 1520. Everyone seems to get 2 days ish use and I barely get 1 day with standby at 100% between 18hrs and 1day 14 hrs. Only once in the time I owned it did I see over 2 days standby at 100%.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Prolonged Internet Sharing drains power pretty quickly... I have not done it in a long time with my 1520 so I can't remember what the rate was...

And I'm on an mvno now so Internet Sharing is out and I can't test.

2% every 20 minutes is only 6% an hour. That doesn't sound bad for tethering.

Try this App for analyzing charge and discharge. I get a lot of info out of it. Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
My discharge rate is high. If I use my phone a lot I get about 8 hours only. Am really disappointed in battery life of my 1520. Everyone seems to get 2 days ish use and I barely get 1 day with standby at 100% between 18hrs and 1day 14 hrs. Only once in the time I owned it did I see over 2 days standby at 100%.
I guess you do get some units running better than others. My 1520 easily surpasses every other device I have ever owned for stamina with only the HAM2 in the same league. I dread to think how little you would manage with another device. I have never been below 50% on mine normally charging every other day. I browse a couple of hours a day in total I guess, watch the odd video and average 30 minutes in calls so probably not a power user. Leaving the phone alone yesterday it drained 5% on WiFi. On my pattern (described above) I could comfortably go 4 days between charges and i can live with that. Its a truism, a big battery equals good battery life. Common sense really.

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Prolonged Internet Sharing drains power pretty quickly... I have not done it in a long time with my 1520 so I can't remember what the rate was...

And I'm on an mvno now so Internet Sharing is out and I can't test.

2% every 20 minutes is only 6% an hour. That doesn't sound bad for tethering.

Try this App for analyzing charge and discharge. I get a lot of info out of it. Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
Thanks for your guide sir. I am using this app instead Insider | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) and I love that because of its tools and detailed information it gives. But I will give your app a try.

I tested it last night. with all the mentioned in the first post + cellular and internet sharing turned off, I got only one percent drained every 3~4 hours. Is it normal as well?

I searched the forum to find a post which can describe the battery drainage under different kind of usages. I Binged and also Googled it but found nothing useful. It will be a great favor if you can help me to find such information somewhere.

Thanks again,
Shayan.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello :smile:

Cellular: On ( LTE )

Internet Sharing: On ( One laptop connected )

Display: Off

Double tap to wake: Off

Glance: Peek

Apps open on the background: Nothing most of the times

Applications allowed to perform in the background ( Almost used for PUSH Notifications and the apps are not open. ): Viber, Whats app, Outlook ( One email ), Insider, Weather ( For two cities )

And I think that's all,

Battery consumption: about 2 percent every 20 minutes.

I want to know if it is normal or not. Because I'm a little worried about the discharge rate.

Thank you :wink:

I don't have an app that give you details but here is some calculation of your battery life.

2% discharge in 20 minutes.
Average discharge/hour = 6%
No of hours for 100% discharge = 100/6 =16 hours
So your battery should last from somewhere around 15 to 17 hours.

Actually that's good considering you are sharing internet.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your guide sir. I am using this app instead Insider | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) and I love that because of its tools and detailed information it gives. But I will give your app a try.

I tested it last night. with all the mentioned in the first post + cellular and internet sharing turned off, I got only one percent drained every 3~4 hours. Is it normal as well?

I searched the forum to find a post which can describe the battery drainage under different kind of usages. I Binged and also Googled it but found nothing useful. It will be a great favor if you can help me to find such information somewhere.

Thanks again,
Shayan.

The App you are using looks pretty good too... Installing :D

Blenyc

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Was getting 2.9% discharge rate.Used windows phone recovery 4 times so far and didnt know what the problem was.Finally this morning i removed the Settings tile and discharge dropped to 0.7%.Anyone ever heard anything about a problem with Settings tile?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
When I was a new user I was very concerned about discharge rate but later on I realized that it's really not too good to rely on this.
The discharge rate being shown is based on your current usage and the remaining time is based on your usage history.

My Lumia 1520 can stand by without use for about 4 days but when I play heavy games like Dungeon Hunter 4 it easily burns almost 30% an hour. On moderate usage I can get a day and half even when the battery tells me I only have 15 hours left.

So yeah, try not using your phone for 4 days and see your battery remaining time show 2 days left after you fully charge it.

Blenyc

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Dont really care how much battery uses when i actually use the phone theres so many parameters involved and its too hard to measure.Just wanna know that when i turn the screen off nothing is draining my battery for no reason.(Battery discharge now dropped to 0.04% (the phone is brand new)).

tboy2000

May 29, 2012
Visit site
So I tried an experiment. I have a another phone so I used it mainly as my primary phone and hardly used my 1520. So much so, I got it to last over 2 days on one charge. At 17% I charged it back to 100%. My thinking was that the stand by time it tells you at 100% is based on previous usage. So if my usage was very low (as it was in this experiment) then on the next charge my stand by time should be very long. So what was the result at 100% after 2 day standby?........
............12 hours. Go figure. :(

ScrubbyXD

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Two questions:
1) Why do you think the discharge rate at standby and the rate with the 4G radio and the WiFi radio running constantly would reflect on each other in any meaningful way?

2) If your laptop is "right there" why would you not connect the phone to it to drain a bit of juice to charge? I do this with my little 7' Winbook tablet and it tops my phone's battery off while I surf over my lunch break.

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Two questions:
1) Why do you think the discharge rate at standby and the rate with the 4G radio and the WiFi radio running constantly would reflect on each other in any meaningful way?

2) If your laptop is "right there" why would you not connect the phone to it to drain a bit of juice to charge? I do this with my little 7' Winbook tablet and it tops my phone's battery off while I surf over my lunch break.

1) I think we can relate them by a factor of multiplication because every adapter has a certain amount of power consumption.
2) I think it's not good if we leave a Li-ion battery plugged in all the time. Even if the power source is laptop battery. Am I right?

Shayan Davoodi

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
So I tried an experiment. I have a another phone so I used it mainly as my primary phone and hardly used my 1520. So much so, I got it to last over 2 days on one charge. At 17% I charged it back to 100%. My thinking was that the stand by time it tells you at 100% is based on previous usage. So if my usage was very low (as it was in this experiment) then on the next charge my stand by time should be very long. So what was the result at 100% after 2 day standby?........
............12 hours. Go figure. :(
It's bu.. shi.. :excited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05